October Meet and Greet, South River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Meet and Greet, South River

The Meet and Greet is scheduled for October 12, on the South River. We have met here before, at the Hillsmere community marina. It has been good fishing this year, in the river and out to Thomas Point. Of course it will depend on the wind and weather. Some of the kayakers also did very well crabbing last year. I will post more with times and directions to the marina. A nearby place, which should be a good place for lunch, is the Smokehouse and bar.

It may be time to start planning. A good chart to look at on the NOAA web site is 12270, http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12270.shtml ,South River and Eastern Bay.

Directions to launch:

For those with GPS or for MapQuest: The marina entrance is between the addresses of 133 Bayview East and 135 Bayview East, Annapolis, MD 21403. There is a yellow gate, drive down to the end to the log and that is where the launch will be. I will be there early, about 6am, and let folks in before the gate opens. The gate is on a timer and opens when there is sufficient daylight. After that time, you can just drive in. Look for the vehicles with kayaks and racks. Please try to park on the open water side of the marina parking area, so people can get to their boat slips.

Verbal Directions. For those coming from the Eastern Shore or points East, take Rt 50, Exit 22, near Annapolis, to Aris T. Allen Blvd., which is Rt. 665.

For those coming from the West, take Rt. 50, Exit 22, near Annapolis, to Aris T. Allen Blvd., which is Rt. 665.

For those coming from the South, take Rt. 2 and Exit onto Rt. 665, South, towards Annapolis.

At this point everyone should be on the same page.

Take Rt. 665 towards Annapolis, South. Continue on Rt. 665. You will start to see traffic signals, that is where the road changes name to Forest Dr. Continue on Forest Dr. for about three or so miles. You will come to the intersection Hillsmere Dr. and Forest Dr. There will be a Shell Station on your left and an Exxon station on your right. Turn right onto Hillsmere Dr. Go about two miles to the end of Hillsmere Dr. From there you can see the river. Turn left onto Bayview East. Continue till you come to the addresses of 133 and 135. In between those addresses there is a yellow gate. That is the entrance to the marina.

OK, that should be simple. If mapquest zig-zags you through some of the community streets, that is OK, you will come to the same outcome. For some reason mapquest tends to do that. I don't think there was much problem with folks getting lost last year.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-22-2013, 11:49 PM.

Hope to make it going to try and get off..
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I hope to finally make this one!
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Oh man. I'm in Florida for my Dads B day. Oh well, have fun. I look forward to reading reports.
        Hurricane Skimmer 128
        WS Pamlico 100

Comment

my first M&G was the South River 2 years ago....still my favorite time. I look forward!
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Gonna try to switch with someone and make this one. Dogfish, Isn't this the one that you were ran over by a power boater??? If so, I hope you have a better outing this time around. I really want to try to make this one. I got to it late last year and didn't go on the water. I I've never fished this area and dying to try. Count me in tentatively.
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Yes it was. I still see that one heading for me.

Comment

Don -

I will be kayak fishing in Tampa that day. I hope the M&G goes well.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                  Don -

I will be kayak fishing in Tampa that day. I hope the M&G goes well.
                  Some guys have all the luck!
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                    Some guys have all the luck!
                    The guide I am using can handle up to 4 anglers at once. Anyone else interested can join me.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis
                    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

if I only had a yak!!!!!!

my kingdom for a kayak!!!

Comment

I will be there...count me in for lunch also.
                        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I just found out that I am off
                          I will Be there
                          Tom Brown
                          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Should be there will know for sure the week before

Comment

Marked it on the calendar. Hoping to make it out for my first outing with you guys.
                              Hobie Outback
                              Stand Up Paddle Board
                              Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                              X