X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Rescue Assist

Saw this on the fishyaker forum. Looks helpful:

http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/Ar...addleFloat.htm

I used to carry the foam type of paddle float, by NRS, when I first started kayak fishing. The plan was to use it for re-entry. I went with the same line of thought, that in an emergency there may be not time for inflating a paddle float. I kinda got away from taking it with me. It is a good safety device. I used to put mine under the straps of my front hatch. It was out of the way up there and added some bright orange visibility to my set up, in addition to floatation. I didn't have a foot loop rigged up. The paddle float would help stabilized the kayak. I originally got the idea from a seminar that I went to early on in my kayaking days. This seems to be a common safety item on board alot of sea kayaks. I planned to place the paddle under the bungee cord type paddle holders on the OK Big Game, to stabilize the kayak.

Later on, I went to putting the float bening my crate, for easy use in case of a roll. That way it would be readily available. It has always seemed to be a good safety device, such as a floatation cushion in a boat.

Comment

Working...
    X