Black Drum and Trout at PLO 9-5-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Drum and Trout at PLO 9-5-13

I fished Tanners creek after chasing breaking blues and rockfish(video to come later after editing).I fished with live minnows on one rod and shrimp and blood worm on the other rod. I caught one small SPEC on the minnows and had to go to one rod because the black drum were biting on every cast. At first I thought it was a fluke catch, and I also thought I had caught a sheepshead but later realized they were black drum. I couldn't keep them off the hook. They were only 8-10 inches but they were a lot of fun to catch.

For those of you who are not familiar with the area, it is in point lookout state park on the Bay side. If you launch from the pet beach and go North. It is right at the end of the causeway wall. once you enter the mouth of the creek there is a wooden wall on the right hand side and rocks on your left. The trout were along the rocks and the black Drum were along the wall. I don't have video of the drum catches, because I used up all my camera batteries filming the blues and rock blitz on and off for 3 hours.

Thanks for the report and the info!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
    X