2/1 Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/1 Question of the Day

Where is your favorite place to kayak fish, and why?

For me, I would have to say the South River. Simply because it is so convienient. I launch right out of the community. I can catch most if not all of the bay species, in this area, right in the river. It also gives me access to the bay, if I would want to venture farther out. As with anywhere else the opportunities change, as with conditions.

However, with that said, the upper Potomac is right up there. The fishing is great, smallmouth, walleye and even possibly a musky. The views of the mountains are fantastic. The wildlife, bald eagles, deer and the like, are all around. The history of the place is also fantastic. You may be paddling along and see a water take off for what was once for an old mill. There is the C&O canal, the Armory at Harpers Ferry, Antietum, and may other historical aspects of the area. All this and fish too. It makes for an enjoyable day.

Of course, when I start taking my kayak to Florida, I will most likely have to change my opinion.

That's a tough question. I spread myself around this year and cant think of a single place i rank higher than another.

1. Bay Bridge - Live Lining was great last year.
    2. Solomons - Was a great Croaker location for me early last year.
    3. Wicomico River - Another great Croaker spot in the summer.
    4. Point Lookout - Well had a rough time there last year but it was a learning experience.
    5. Rhode River - My new white perch haven.
    6. St Jerome's Creek - Another learning experience.
    7. Tilghman Island - Another learning experience.
    8. Assateague Island - Got poison Ivy and sunburn but it was still fun.
    9. Burke Lake - Bass and Panfish are always fun.
    10. Breezy Point - A 30 min display of improper self rescue in front of a beach full of giggling onlookers will always be memorable.
    11. South River - Trolling school for me. Learned allot that day.

I had skunks and trips where i left them biting. No personal Best's or first time catches. Just a good solid year of fishing. I hope it continues on this year.

Comment

Poison Ivy and suburn but still had fun,...You are the man.

Comment

thats a hard question, i really dont have a favorite place i have convenient places like the severn and spsp and their good spots but some other spots i like just as well but further out. as long as there are fish biting i'm happy.

Comment

Working...
        X