2 1/2 hours at the bay bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 1/2 hours at the bay bridge

bb912013 031.jpgbb912013 036.jpg .Launched out of Sandy Point this morning before work with my nephew we had a couple of hours and figured we would use it live lining some spot. We picked up six at Anglers to get a head start since we were short of time of the six only 4 made it alive to the bridge around column 18 in our small bait bucket. I immediately hooked up and had a nice one break my fluoro leader. I re rigged and hooked up with a striper about 23". My nephew had one break his reel and lost his other spot off the hook I gave him one of my rods and caught him some bait and he finally hooked up with a skinny 18" striper that he put back. We caught some more bait and each had it stolen it was now about 9:30 and time to head in not a bad couple of hours fishing.
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Nice going out there.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Nice. I've logged about 10 hours under the bridge between the past two weekends and have managed plenty of bait but the keeper striper still eludes me.I'm new and learning and I'm really grateful to be able to learn from all the great people on this forum who keep me inspired.My wife absolutely loves rockfish nomatter how its prepared, but if I dont bring home the bacon soon I'm afraid she's gonna cut me off! (fuel money that is) LOL

Comment

Nice! What Lb test was the leader the fish broke? I usually use 14lb test, and I think that's about as light as I would go around those pilings. The fish will often go around pilings and if you don't follow them around in time, they'll break your line.

gillplate (and anybody else), the winds look great all week. If you want to get out there again, let me know and I can try to get you on some bacon to take home. I can only do early mornings though, as I have to work.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

It was 20 lb fluorocarbon leader that broke about in the middle it was about 18 inches and I had 9 left. I had it rigged Carolina style with a 1 oz weight. I was using a 2/0 gamakatsu shiner hook. My nephew missed his first couple fish and after checking his rig we chalked it up to a dull hook once he swapped out he caught his first fish some times its the little things. I was gonna try to get out Thursday morning but if not Im going Saturday either the bridge or kent narrows
          D Hawk
          Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
          Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
          X