Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Fish

What are your plans for February Fish?

still focused on catching a walleye. good suggestions here and some reading and i have renewed hope.

Comment

Might just do Jug Bay to hit the Patuxent for catfish. Nice and close to home.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I'm hoping to get out in Feb. I did not even wet a line in Jan

I got all this cold weather gear and no time to use it. I need to fix that in Feb fish or not. I might hit Burke lake after work one day. Maybe i can jig up some bass on a ledge i marked last spring or at least get some exercise.

Comment

I know one thing, yesterday was the perfect day to go after the January fish
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I must agree, yesterday was nice. I was working. That seemed to be the problem with January for me. On the few days that were worth fishing, I was working or had some other things to do. However, it is winter. Maybe I will get out in February. I will stick with the original plan, pickerel or perch at Red Bridges or Tuckahoe lake for pickerel or even a carp. I tend to not be a winter person anymore.

I need to start concentrating on building some rods. I have got to get my work bench back in order.

Comment

went over the BB yesterday man it was perfect a little ice floating around but flat calm. hemingway's had a good ice sheet forming but spsp was clear

Comment

I got out yesterday, it was gorgeous and almost 50 down at Lake Anna. No fish, except the one small herring on a sabiki. I thought about hitting Burke myself, but I can't imagine the ramp is not frozen back in that creek. I will fish it as soon as its thawed enough, I want to hit up all those holes that I found last year, maybe we will have a February Heat wave..

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                I'm hoping to get out in Feb. I did not even wet a line in Jan

I got all this cold weather gear and no time to use it. I need to fix that in Feb fish or not. I might hit Burke lake after work one day. Maybe i can jig up some bass on a ledge i marked last spring or at least get some exercise.

Comment

good luck with that, i'll settle for a march heat wave

Comment

I'll probably try to get into some Gordon's Extra Crunchy.
                    Digital Livewell

Comment

I plan to make another attack at the yellow perch somewhere in February. Otherwise, I will be researching hardware for my new Revo.

TJ, how did your Revo do down at Anna?

Comment

It was awesome! It really flies through the water when you want it to, and you could maintain an average pace all day with out near the fatigue from paddling. I feel my range has been greatly improved. It was a dry ride, I didn't get wet at all, though the bay will be the real test for that. The rod holders are a bit far back for me, and its a little difficult to get to the front hatch with the drive installed, though that was wearing bulky waders and being extremely paranoid about taking a dip.
                        Bottom line: I love it!

Originally posted by moc View Post
                        I plan to make another attack at the yellow perch somewhere in February. Otherwise, I will be researching hardware for my new Revo.

TJ, how did your Revo do down at Anna?

Comment

ha ha another one to the dark side

arms of a T-REX, legs of mammoth

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                            ha ha another one to the dark side

arms of a T-REX, legs of mammoth
                            ....... and just as scaly and hairy

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              ....... and just as scaly and hairy
                              Coulda survived without that visualization!

But also, I remembered being annoyed that the pedals did not self center. Specially when wearing awkward waders with big boots. Has anyone else rigged their pedals to self center? A youtube video I saw by kayaktech or one of the other dealers had mentioned that 2010 Mirage Drives now have an elastic strap that makes the pedals self center. Also said that 2010 Paddles should be fiberglass but mine is metal, so maybe the video is wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X