No announcement yet.

CHSP Tog (17.5”) & 8 Triggerfish (12-16”) Aug 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did but didn't use it much. Caught the fourth I think using it.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I was going to ask what type of rod that was and how heavy was the action on it. I noticed that your rod had a huge bend in it as you were fighting and reeling in that tautog.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        Wx is looking good. You may just see me out there, Chris.
        Look forward to it man.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
          I did but didn't use it much. Caught the fourth I think using it.
          I bought all (5) packages of size 1 short shank Gamkatsu hooks and Picked up a package of # 2 circle hooks. I will experiment with the circle hook next sat.

joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I'll trade you 2 pints of sand fleas for a couple rigs lol

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
              I bought all (5) packages of size 1 short shank Gamkatsu hooks and Picked up a package of # 2 circle hooks. I will experiment with the circle hook next sat.

joe
              I'll trade you 2 pints of sand fleas for a couple rigs lol can't find any size 1's un-snelled at all the baitshops I've gone to (3).

Comment

I'll trade you 2 pints of sand fleas for a couple rigs lol
                No way!. It was the first time I saw #1 hooks at Dicks for 5 weeks.

Seriously, Dig and catch sand flee as many as possible and let me know how much you have on Friday. I am planning to bring 2 dozens of shrimp and 2 pints of sand flee. 1 pint of sand flee will be crushed and used as chum once I locate the triggerfish.

joe
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                  I was going to ask what type of rod that was and how heavy was the action on it. I noticed that your rod had a huge bend in it as you were fighting and reeling in that tautog.
                  The rod is Shimano Tescata, TSC63MH. It looks a light tackle rod. But it is not. It is a serious jigging casting rod for heavy jig lures. It is very light so I can set the hook with one hand

The Spec:
                  Braided line: 30-50#
                  Jig weight: 200g (7oz)
                  Even though it is a MH and Fast Action, it feels like M and fast action. That's why it bends a lot
                  It may not be stiff enough in the deep water30-60' with 5-8oz weight to set the hook against tog. That's why I want Shimano Trevala S for CBBT.

joe

Comment

I caught an 11" trigger on a 3/0. Maybe luck? I'm not sure #1 is the best, but you can catch them up to 3/0. I couldn't find #1s at Dicks (Fairfax) too.

One quart (2 pints) is plenty. I've not used more than half quart on any single trip.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                      No way!. It was the first time I saw #1 hooks at Dicks for 5 weeks.

Seriously, Dig and catch sand flee as many as possible and let me know how much you have on Friday. I am planning to bring 2 dozens of shrimp and 2 pints of sand flee. 1 pint of sand flee will be crushed and used as chum once I locate the triggerfish.

joe
                      Ah well I guess the search continues...what line did you use for the leader again 30#?

I could catch a couple quarts easily I think I caught about a quart today in 15 minuets? I'll make the chum since you gave me 3 rigs Sunday anyway. I'm going to make a quick run to CHSP for an hour or two tomorrow or Friday if I go i'll report.

Comment

Ah well I guess the search continues...what line did you use for the leader again 30#?

I could catch a couple quarts easily I think I caught about a quart today in 15 minuets? I'll make the chum since you gave me 3 rigs Sunday anyway. I'm going to make a quick run to CHSP for an hour or two tomorrow or Friday if I go i'll report.
                        yes, 30# test mono for Hi-lo rig

Comment

Are you guys going down to CHSP this Saturday? I've only been there once before and would like to try it again. The weather looks like it's going to be 85 degrees and sunny but with 15mph winds. If so, when will you arrive and how long are you staying?
                          <MIKE>
                          Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
                          Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Originally posted by <MIKE> View Post
                            Are you guys going down to CHSP this Saturday? I've only been there once before and would like to try it again. The weather looks like it's going to be 85 degrees and sunny but with 15mph winds. If so, when will you arrive and how long are you staying?
                            Mike,
                            IMO, it is a little too early to predict the wind speed on Sat yet. We will know tomorrow noon about the wind direction and speed for 85% sure.
                            CHSP is protected the most of time.

Anyway,
                            by having some conversation with out web site members, I will be posting a new thread for Saturday fishing plan.

Let's make a good plan

Joe

Comment

Working...
                            X