OC Flounder 8-24-13, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Flounder 8-24-13, Sat

I was on the water before 8 am. HokiedDJ later joined me. We fished the inlet, then went to the bridge, bulkheads and Wight of Bay. We tried sand fleas, but the togs and sheepies weren't there. Most of the time we jigged for flounder.

Flounder sucked for me, but I caught lots of sea bass. On the brighter side, Flounder-Man HokieDJ caught sea bass and three flounder (the keeper was 18.5"). I talked to several boaters and only one angler had a keeper flattie.

During the yak load-up on shore, CBKayak-Matt and Duong-Minh dropped by to chat. Matt was boat fishing in the flounder tournament. Minh was yak fishing the bridge area.

It was a nice mostly sunny day for yak fishing in boat-busy Ocean City.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 08-24-2013, 11:48 PM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Thanks for the report!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

That whole OC area had some crazy boat traffic. I don't see why they don't impose some sort of speed limit especially when you have boats/yaks fishing in the same area as the small channels.

Comment

They seem to have no regard. You can be sitting there in a yak just fishing, and many of them just zoom by like nothing. I guess they think it's their right and they don't think much of small craft. Anyway, it's usually a zoo there on weekends.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X