No announcement yet.

SnakeHead Yikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely in the patapsco . we killed two last year bowfishing in furnace creek . i will post pics if i can find them when i get home .
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
      If you have SH problems, just let some Asian people know about the location. Your SH problems will be gone in no time. Just look at Mattawoman, Pohick, Leesylvania, all of them got clean up pretty good. I have to travel down to Aquia in Stafford to look for some SH now.

C'mon folks we don't have to be making stereotyping comments like this, here. This isn't Tidalfish.
      We're better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
        C'mon folks we don't have to be making stereotyping comments like this, here. This isn't Tidalfish.
        We're better than that!
        It's all good Stu, Khan (Snakehead Hunter) is Asian...and the snakehead fear him!
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Remember that snowy/sleety day in March? Well, I caught a 28"er, 6.5lbs snakehead on a Rat-L-Trap...
          but it was further south. Good eating! I have also heard of one being caught in the Patapsco in the state park
          but I didn't see it.

Comment

No matter how heavily fished or bow hunted, the snakeheads are here to stay...they are prolific breeders and grow fast- kinda like shooting groundhogs- the more you kill, the more they breed...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

its not stereotyping if its true its just a fact.
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I saw one at the false channel last fall casting to breaking rock. Also they have been caught in St Jeromes creek. They might be able to travel more places than just people spreading them around.

Comment

Snakeheads are found in the waters of many states and it is not just one species of snakeheads...Florida has snakeheads in most canals- Arkansas has snakeheads and so do other states....so it isn't just a Maryland/Northern Virginia invasion...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                  X