Help Me Identify this fish. Fishing @St. Indigoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify this fish. Fishing @St. Indigoes

I was Trolling at St Indigoes Md. and hooked into this fish.....Mabey I don't get out enough,but I have never seen this type of fish before. BTW I caught rockfish and drum and croaker but this was post worthy.

Ribbon fish/ Cutlass Fish. Crazy looking fish with big teeth that pull pretty hard!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Wow. I had never seen or heard of a ribbon fish. Great catch and another "win" for a Rat L Trap.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great video. That fish is gorgeous; like a mirror, you can see your reflection in it.

Comment

Very interesting and beautiful fish...
          but darn it... now I have to worry about them too, whilst
          I side saddle my kayak dangling my toes in the water.
          At least my toes don't look like Rattle Traps.

Comment

I love Ribbon fish ......... they hit like a train and fight hard and make great bait in the Gulf and Florida coast but I've never seen 1 thid far north ........ that is quite a catch ......... might want to inform the DNR

Comment

Nice fish. I like that mirror look. Did you measure it? I think Matt can add you to the Leader board.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Haha the video was great , make sure you turn your volume up , pretty funny comentary and good looking fish too.
                Shane
                Hobie Outback

Comment

Cool fish. Love the reflective qualities of its skin. Nice set of choppers too! Thanks for sharing the video.
                  Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                  Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Ribbonfish- great trolling bait for king macs
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Reelaxin10 View Post
                      Haha the video was great , make sure you turn your volume up , pretty funny comentary and good looking fish too.
                      Yea, I thought that since the camera was in a water proof case the audio would be more muffled... Apparently not,but that is why the volume is so low.
                      That fish I fought hard. I thought I was a big rockfish or Red.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        Nice fish. I like that mirror look. Did you measure it? I think Matt can add you to the Leader board.
                        No I didn't measure it...Hell, I was almost afraid to touch it.I Imagined razor -like barbs along the bottom or getting an electrical shock,

Comment

Between the commentary, the teeth, and the actual reflection as you went down the length of the body that was a pretty cool video.
                          Mike

Comment

Right off the showroom floor; long, sleek and built for speed!

Comment

V cool-looking fish. I've never caught one of those. Thx for the vid!

Comment

Working...
                              X