CHSP One Trigger 8-10-13, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
    Joe, If you haven't changed your mind can you fish this Thursday? Or are you fishing on weekends now?
    I am determined to fish CHSP this summer until September to learn the area. As of now I am planning to fish this Sat (not Thursday). But I have not seen my work schedule yet for the weekend. And my daughter in law is expecting a boy any time now. If he is a good boy, he will take time... until Sunday so I can go fishing on Saturday. If not, I won't take him fishing until he becomes 5.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 08-12-2013, 02:23 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
      I am determined to fish CHSP this summer until September to learn the area. As of now I am planning to fish this Sat (not Thursday). But I have not seen my work schedule yet for the weekend. And my daughter in law is expecting a boy any time now. I hope the boy take time... until Sunday so I can go fishing on Saturday. If not, I won't take him fishing until he becomes 5.

Joe
      Congratulations on the grandson! Because of classes my only free days are Tuesday, Thursday + the weekends. Good luck saturday to all who plan on going.
      Last edited by M_Duong60; 08-12-2013, 06:06 PM.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I might make it out there on Sat. So, you guys fishing during the weekday......... save some fish for us coming on Sat....lol.....
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          I might make it out there on Sat. So, you guys fishing during the weekday......... save some fish for us coming on Sat....lol.....
          "Save some fish"...I am unfamiliar with the term...Is it french? lol good luck
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

I think he was referring to the leftovers in the fridge. I will be out there Saturday as well.
            Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
            "Save some fish"...I am unfamiliar with the term...Is it french? lol good luck
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
              I glanced only 9-10 tog @ 13-17 inches. I shot twice, one undersized, one missed.
              What do you do when you shoot an undersized tog?
              Brian

Comment

same thing you do when you gut hook an undersized fish.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I guess that's just the unfortunate side of spearfishing.

The comparison is debatable though.... legally both need to be released, but one is essentially dead while the other stands a good rate of survival.
                  Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                    I guess that's just the unfortunate side of spearfishing.

The comparison is debatable though.... legally both need to be released, but one is essentially dead while the other stands a good rate of survival.
                    Yes, there is no such thing as shoot and release. So far for last three years, I shot two under sized out of about 50 including Caribbean water. The two were togs at the outer wall.

I mentioned "under sized" because that was what happened and I felt bad about it. I am not proud of it at all. This will remind me in the future that I should take time when making a split-second decision in the very murky water and while driving.

Joe
                    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 08-13-2013, 05:05 PM.
                    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Completely understand and wasn't trying to call you out on it as I can see how it may happen from time to time. Probably more so for someone just getting into the sport. I was just curious what you're expected to do with an accidental undersized take.

Keep posting the videos too! They're great!
                      Brian

Comment

Should be mentioned that some of those tog that get shot and are undersized or that escape live. Joe shot one with an obvious spear scar on it that was perfectly healthy. Gut hooked fish may survive if the line is cut close to the hook, but gill hooked fish are done for. I've had a few 17" rockfish absolutely inhale a rattle trap and it sucks.
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

A Bystander at the Outer Wall - I hope that was what happened

Whether I like it or not, I record my fishing for future reference

Comment

Tough luck on that 12 incher. Didn't look like the shot was in a vital area so he's probably still swimming. I fished the inner wall his morning thinking I might run into you guys but I was the only kayak fisherman there. Managed a plethora of 10+ inch croaker and spot as well as a 19" flounder all before the am tide switch.

Comment

RxForFishing,
                              19" flounder? That's excellent!!!
                              As of now, I am planning to fish the outer wall on Sat
                              I hope I meet you one day
                              joe

Comment

Thanks Joe! Felt good to finally boat a keeper after a few summers of nothing but shorts. My plan right now is to fish Saturday. If weather is good like it was today I'd like to try the outer wall, but the wind is looking iffy. Either way, I'll be looking for ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X