No announcement yet.

New Yak!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The keel easy is nice. A word of warning. The rocks in the Potomac will eat it up. I only get about a half dozen trips before it needs replacing. Use heat gun or blow dryer to install. Makes a big difference.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Runnin', so do you apply it just to the keel at the back of the boat, or do you go the whole length of the kayak?

Comment

Congrats. Nice color scheme.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Runnin', so do you apply it just to the keel at the back of the boat, or do you go the whole length of the kayak?
          18' at fore and aft. Prevents most problems with crasing into rocks (front) and dragging during take out (back).

BTW: They now make the same boat in a 14'. The Skimmer 140. Should be even faster and more suitable for bigger water.

I'm looking forward to see if I can keep up with guys in a Hobie this year.
          Hurricane Skimmer 128
          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Oooh! Just checked out that Keel Easy stuff.
            Great idea.
            Going to order some today.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Runnin, do you have any feedback on the boat now that you've had it for a season?

I'm looking for something this year and I see they have an angler model, the Skimmer Angler DLX available in 3 lengths. The 11'6" model is only 48 lbs. fully loaded with rod holders, anchor and trolley, and seat. I haven't seen one in person, I'm curious how it handles and how the finish stands up to the abuse, they are super shiny in all the pics!

Thanks,
              Mike
              Mike
              Feelfree Lure 11.5
              Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

They are super shiny! The 11'6 model would be great on Upper Potomac. My 128 replaced a Tarpon 120. It http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p155793 similarly but I bought it strictly because I car top and I had trouble lifting Tarpon onto roof of my SUV.

It's nice hull. You can;t stand in it. It is pretty stable. I like to fish sitting perpendicular with my feet in the water. Makes it easy to access tackle in my crate. Spinning around causes no stability problems.

Anyone that would like to try it is welcome. I know there aren;t many Hurricanes out in the field. That's too bad ,it's a good boat.
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Great looking kayak!! I really like that color. I think I saw a bunch of these kayaks at the Flats Jamboree last year. At least I think so, they all had the white bottom color scheme and were shaped very similar. I was chatting with a Pennsylvania group last year at the camp site and everyone of them had the same kayak. Does it sound like the same brand as you own?
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Not sure . The shiny boats with the white bottom are made of a substancee called Thermoform. The benefit of Thermoform is it is more rigid, and much lighter than Poly. My boat is under 50lbs.

Hurricane only makes Thermoform. The other big maker of Thermoform boats is Eddyline, They have a Carribean fishing kayak that is very nice. They are quitre prcey though. Wilderness Systems has a boat called the Tarpon Ultralite that I believe is Thr=ermofom.
                    Hurricane Skimmer 128
                    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
                    X