Shenandoah River - Saturday 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shenandoah River - Saturday 3rd

I fished the Doah this past weekend, doing a 7 hour float, putting in at the Town of Shenandoah and what a time I had. Dozens & dozens of fish caught but most were 12" or smaller...only took one that was greater than 15"...on a tube. I fished mostly Gulp Minnows on a light jig head but occassionally threw a Senko, a jig & pig. I also fished a un-pegged Texas rigged Zoom fish doctor & centipede. Bait style didnt seem to matter...i switched only to try to upgrade my fish size or if I ran out of something All plasitcs were natural color, a buddy was throwing purple senko style baits with great success.

The river was running about 2.5 feet on the gauges at Luray (according to NOAA)...i wouldnt fish here if it were measuring any lower...the bottom of my Jackson doesnt look new any more.

Below is a link for checking the gauge...if my "link" works
    http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...2&hydro_type=0
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

sounds liek fun, thanks for the vid
    sigpic

Comment

Nice Video. I was on the Shenandoah last weekend too but was only paddling wishin I was fishin. It's beautiful country to be sure. I love those old Galyans fishing rods. I finally broke my last one last year, but they served me well. At one time I had 3 of them. They had to be one of the best fishing rods for the money I ever had. I had both the IM7 and IM8 versions.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Runnin - i have 5 Galyan rods left, 2 spinning, 3 casting, all IM8...i luv em. I have replaced the reels on them a few times...i havent found anything i like in the "old" price range.
        Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Sweet Video! Great Job!
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by wfauby View Post
            Runnin - i have 5 Galyan rods left, 2 spinning, 3 casting, all IM8...i luv em. I have replaced the reels on them a few times...i havent found anything i like in the "old" price range.
            Hang on to em, they're gold. You will never find as good a rod without paying a couple multiples more than you paid.
            Hurricane Skimmer 128
            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
            X