Kent Narrows 7/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Narrows 7/29

Mark, Raptor (aka Rayman), and myself launched at Kent Narrows at around 6 am. We first went south under the bridge where Raptor hooked another Cownose Ray. This time it took him from Prospect Bay, thru the Narrows, to Chester River before he was able to reel in the monster. That ultra light tackle is no match for the rays. During his ongoing fight with the ray, Mark and I continued to fish. Mark caught multiple Stripers with several keepers and WP. I caught three stripers with 2 being keepers, along with WP and Croakers. Raptor also caught several stripers, WP, along with the Ray. The water conditions were a bit rough out by Chester River, about 2’ waves, and a little choppy in the Narrows and Prospect Bay. We stopped fishing around 11:30am. All-in-all a great morning.
    Attached Files

It was a beautiful day at Kent Narrows however I didn’t realize it was so windy until we got onto the water.

The stripers were very compliant. I caught 7. Three were keeper sized. Two were close to keeper size and 2 were dinks. I caught most on a black and silver 4 inch X Rap. The rest hit a jig spinner trailing a chartreuse 4 inch Mister Twister. All were in fast current and rough surf and I tossed all back.

From time to time I would go to the shoreline to rest from the wind and choppy water. There I caught 9 white perch, all on the Mister Twister except for one that hit a Clouser Minnow on my fly rod.

Here are a couple of pictures. I tried to get the entire striper in the photo but I couldn’t. It was the largest one I have caught this year. I also included a picture of the waves to give you an idea of the conditions.

KentNarrowsA.jpg KentNarrowsB.jpg

Many thanks to Raptor and On the Fly for sharing another enjoyable outing.

Mark
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Well I guess it wouldn't be a fishing trip if I didn't spend a good share of the time being towed around by a cow nosed ray. This time I didn't fool around with him for an hour though. Snapped the line about 1/2 hour into it - finally saw the wings - so was sure it wasn't a 50 lb. drum, or something like that. Anyway, had a ball today and caught a couple keeper sized stripers (let them go) Between the ray, the wind, the waves, and the tide it was a real work out paddling, but in the end . . . success. Also, gained some experience for any future trips to Kent Narrows. Thanks, to Harry and Mark for a great day out fishing.

Terry
      Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Terry,

You need a knife!

Mark
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Terry,

You need a knife!

Mark

I have one it is just when I get a big fish on I get so excited I get tunnel vision, or my brain goes dead , or both.

T.
          Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Working...
          X