No announcement yet.

BB Sun 28 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twas a good time. I caught my first "livelining" rockfish measuring at @24", it became my masgouf experiment. I caught two more trolling a tandem roadrunner rig while returning to launch, but they were too small. I think the best part of the trip was seeing Coop get his hobie completely airborne after launching over a giant swell. He didn't even break stride in his conversation! It was impressive and Moc also got a good giggle out of it.

Hat's off to Goody for getting a keeper back!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I too had a great time on the water, even thou it was a hard paddle , Hobie here I come!!! I also stopped at anglers an got spot $13.99 a dozen when I got to spsp and got my kayak an gear ready three were floating ,got my live well started and dumped them all in within minutes they were all lively .It was nice seeing Moc Coop and Goody again I also met sparky 1423 nitefly an 22 tango. Didn't manage any rockfish live lining anyway here are some pic .DSC00064.jpgDSC00930.jpgDSC01154.jpgDSC01871.jpg

Comment

I had my native mariner in the tidal bays and channeled around Avaslon NJ last week and was very impressed with is ability to move into the current, wind sand handle the wakes. I would defiantly look into one at that price point.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Had a great time fishing the B B.Got skunk but had good time with good friend.Well I did catch spots for live lining.One thing I wouldn't try that with a paddle.Walk the plank and 22tango I take my hat off for you two guys for paddling in them seas.
          2012 hobie outback
          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

^+1...lots of respect!

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
            Had a great time fishing the B B.Got skunk but had good time with good friend.Well I did catch spots for live lining.One thing I wouldn't try that with a paddle.Walk the plank and 22tango I take my hat off for you two guys for paddling in them seas.
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

+1 ^....same here. I feel for you since I too was a paddler in the beginning.

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
              ^+1...lots of respect!

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

A see a Hobie for the Bay and Severn in my future too. Although I got the motor setup working last night... that will be in another thread.
                2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics Moc, did you guy LL with weight or weightless?
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I used a 1/2 ounce egg sinker on my setup. It was fun feeling the fish grab the poor spot. As for the paddlers, it was amazing that they came out to the rock pile in the weather conditions. They really toughed it out. I just wish that the weather was better so we all had a better chance of catching fish for our plastic fleet.

Comment

I thought many a time on that paddle that I was going to turn and go back! The tide was really ripping, but it was my first time so I was no giving up. It also helped that I was paddling with Walk The Plank - it kept me motivated. I also learned alot too in terms of positioning around the rock piles and just how big a difference the lee side of the pilings make to give a rest to fishing. I may have been the only one not live-lining. I just felt I needed something a bit easier my first time there so I went with a 1/2 oz jig head and a gulp mullet. I had one hook up, but couldn't figure out how to manage the boat, the rod, the fish, the wind and the tide all at once.
                      By the time I was done, I had braid around my rudder, twisted around my rod tip, and I would estimate I was 200 yards of the bridge -- all in the 20 or so seconds I tried to manage the battle. I really see the advantage of peddling in those conditions. I would swear at one point I was paddling and not moving forward at all.

Anyway, I had a great time. It was good to meet a bunch of the guys, and I really did learn a lot about my kayak and fishing management (that sounds so technical). I'll be on the water again this week.
                      Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
                      Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

I did both and caught on both methods.

This is a similiar rig I used but with a shorter leader.

fishfinderherringriglg.jpg

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                        Thanks for sharing the pics Moc, did you guy LL with weight or weightless?

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Working...
                        X