No announcement yet.

Wow - 200th Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops. Everything else seemed right... welcome though!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Don't those Mirage Anglers go for about $2,500? Even with 20% off that would still put me at $2,000. If I decide to put down my beer and attempt to keep my upper body in proportionate size with my lower body I can always still paddle it right?
      Digital Livewell

Comment

$1799 for the Revolution or Outback I believe... but with the Pro Angler's payload, you may be able to carry a keg out there!

Comment

genius michael. we can make rick's PA the committee boat for our M&G tourneys and he'll have to tote around a keg and top everyone off every so often.

with that "boat" rick could probably troll 3 lines with a keg on it anyway
          Last edited by mdmakaira410; 01-24-2011, 02:38 PM.
          Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

haha we need to go to a pond that allows bumper boats for that. I rarely ever have a beer when I'm out there, but last year JFFoley gave me one at the 301 bridge when it was 1000 degrees, still one of the best beers I've ever had!

Comment

Hey Kegley, yeah, same TJ from Green Ridge way back in the day. Long time no see! Its hard to resist the tempation of the hobie fleet, though I got the Revolution because people say it can be paddled fairly easily.. The outback and that angler would deffinately give you a work out as wide and hard to push through the water as I imagine they are.

Comment

Hmm, now you guys have me thinking. I guess I really only paid attention to the Angler version. The Revo looks like a pretty formidable fish yak as well. Having a really hard time outlining the pro's and con's of each outside of the obvious. This is the way my inexperienced eyes see it. Affordability, longevity(no moving parts) and on-board storage seem to go to the Ocean Kayak Trident 13', Versatility, ease of use and fish-ability go to the Hobie Revo due to the Mirage drive. I can't speak to comfort, stability or layout since I have never used either. Anything obvious I'm missing?
                Digital Livewell

Comment

congratulations Kegs for the big 200 in recognition of this momentous feet you get to bring the beer to the next M&G.

dont let these guys scare you away from the hobies, you already have some yaks move up to the best

i also work near Ft Meade but i cant play on the computer or even bring cell in.

Comment

No cells or personal electronics for me either. As you obviously know, it really stinks. Fortuantely, my job requires me to have access to all the networks so I'm one of the lucky ones with access to the net.

I've fought some pretty nasty headwinds with my current kayak that have pretty much worn me out. Does the Mirage drive significantly improve comfort vs paddling in heavy headwind conditions?
                    Digital Livewell

Comment

i would say OOh yeah! ive had the tarpon 120,a redfish and a tandem drigo sink that was 16' and the revo definitely is much better in the wind and current. like any thing you dont go when its really bad but ive been caught in some nasty stuff on the bay luckily i wasnt to far from shore. still wish i had the redfish that was a nice paddle yak, might pick up a used 1 if i can find 1 for the right price

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
                        Redfish,

Linganore is definitely a good fishery. Most days I have the lake to myself. Average Bass is about 3lbs with the occasional 5-6 pounder. If you commit to fishing big lures there are up to 10 pounders to be had. Haven't landed anything over 7 myself but have seen pictures of the real big boys. Anyone who is in the area and interesting in headed out with me is welcome. On kayaks or on my 10ft electric pond hopper. I didn't go to VT but everything else sounds right....very strange. We will have to setup some after work excursions when I get everything setup and it gets warmer.

Memory,

I do love the idea of having both hands available to fish or reach for a beverage. If I could find a used one for sale in the sub $1,500 range it would probably be mine....

Wouldn't a Torque or Trolling motor potentially set you up for a BUI?
                        Dude ......... you just missed the greatest deal .......... a new REVO for under $1100 ........... Check out our defacto sponsor in Easton ........ he's offering 20% off of the new stuff .......... this would put you about $1450 I think for out beloved Outback ....... Yep ..... just confirmed it $1440 + tax .....bbrand new w/ new warranty ........ only until the end of Jan
                        Last edited by Memory Maker; 01-24-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Hmm, now you guys have me thinking. I guess I really only paid attention to the Angler version. The Revo looks like a pretty formidable fish yak as well. Having a really hard time outlining the pro's and con's of each outside of the obvious. This is the way my inexperienced eyes see it. Affordability, longevity(no moving parts) and on-board storage seem to go to the Ocean Kayak Trident 13', Versatility, ease of use and fish-ability go to the Hobie Revo due to the Mirage drive. I can't speak to comfort, stability or layout since I have never used either. Anything obvious I'm missing?
                          Ok ....... here's how I see it ......... the Angler is the tank ....... everything but the kitchen sink is built in .......it's wide .... tough to turn over and heavy but GREAT for fishing .......... then there is the outback ......... narrower than the Revo ....... faster than the angler but not as fast as the Revo ....... Outback has a little more room for fishing than the Revo .........

Then there is the Revo ........ sleek and fast and cuts thru the waves ......

But then again ....... probably wrong ........ maybe some others will chime in ....

Comment

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
                            Hey Kegley, yeah, same TJ from Green Ridge way back in the day. Long time no see! Its hard to resist the tempation of the hobie fleet, though I got the Revolution because people say it can be paddled fairly easily.. The outback and that angler would deffinately give you a work out as wide and hard to push through the water as I imagine they are.
                            Hey guy ........ haven't used my Angler much but it is a pleasure to pedal and not much of a workout at all even for a fat out of shape SOB like me ......... and I can easily go 5 mph or more .......... I understand the outback is about the same ........

BTW ......... in speed tests and power tests, the Mirage drive usually beats the paddle ........

Comment

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
                              genius michael. we can make rick's PA the committee boat for our M&G tourneys and he'll have to tote around a keg and top everyone off every so often.

with that "boat" rick could probably troll 3 lines with a keg on it anyway
                              I can do that .......... and have room for the Ice chest too ........ although it will take a little off of the dance floor .......

Comment

Don't those Mirage Anglers go for about $2,500? Even with 20% off that would still put me at $2,000. If I decide to put down my beer and attempt to keep my upper body in proportionate size with my lower body I can always still paddle it right?
                                On a Pro Angler (or any Hobie) you can pedal,paddle, sail or motor or any combo thereof ........ JOIN THE DARKSIDE .... LUKE !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X