Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severn Friday... Strippers and Pimps.. a road trip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn Friday... Strippers and Pimps.. a road trip...

Strippers Pole Dancing... on the Severn... Friday...

Headed out at a bright and cheery morning... been watching the buoys on my webpage,
    and they all had lots of wind Wednesday and Thursday... while there had been apparently
    lots of wind... it soon settled down after my launch Friday morning.

4 a.m. Launch at Jonas....
    There is one thing I love... is the quiet and calm of the universe while other people are sleeping.
    The semi-trailer trucks are parked at the Route 50 and 495 intersection... the worst part of the
    journey is the Beltway... but it is all clear and so navigable in the early mornings .

Pulling into Jonas it was about 3:30 a.m..... there was one car in the lower lot... no racks.

Got out in the water.. at 4 a.m. ... a "Park" car pulled around seeing me disembarking... but I guess
    I was passed the overnight restriction to the upper parking lot.

As to previous mentions... about rigging ones gear before the launch helped... and the $3 headlamp
    I picked up at the Target a couple of months ago worked well.

I had previously rigged up some lighting from some bicycle lights I had on hand... or course it's
    back to the ol' PVC setups... everything needed to be stowed away... so I made four break down sections
    for the lights...

You are probably bored by now reading this... so let's cut to the chase...

I immediately caught two strippers pole dancing the Bridge.... my first pull... and then the second pull
    circling around for another pass... both at 17.5 "..... my first thought at the scenario was... dang... I'm gonna
    head back to the beach and I don't have any ice in the cooler... but they were under the limit so no biggie...

But 5 to 10 minutes after the launch... and no yahooo's dropping casting weights off the Pier...
    the spot all to myself.. and I've got fish... aside from the serenity of pre dawn water episode, I was happier than I had ever been on the water, a settting full moon... one or two crabbers showing their lights, calm seas.

I had, a plan... and that was to make it, finally out past Tolley Point... I had the destination on my
    logs for a trip, an exploration.

Stopped off on the deep holes between the Radio Towers and the Water Towers... caught a couple of
    more Strippers... and of course some more Croakers and Perch dancing around... but their pimp didn't
    warrant and them bringing them home.

Finally made my way to Tolley Point... fish finder batteries die... hung out for a while on the rip rap
    catching Croakers and Spot... went into a little beach.. changed the batteries... went back out
    and caught a bunch of small spot... about a dozen...

Started live lining off a number of poles... but I didn't have a tail and mouth hook setup... so all
    what was happening was that the "fish" were biting off the back ends of my live bait.
    Maybe Blues... I dunna know... it was time to start back... and I wasn't into just killing fish
    so I let the rest of the live bait back.

Brought back enough appetizers for the Cat.
    Water Conditions: Beautiful
    Waves: none.
    Wind: light.
    Fish: Yup... 6 naked women at 17.5 and a bunch of Barking Dogs and their friends Perched in the balcony.
    Seeing familiar people again in sailboats waving hello: Way Cool.
    Seeing familiar people again in powerboats waving hello: Way Cool.
    Adventure Factor: Plus Ten !
    Day on the Water: 8 hours plus.
    Yak Ass Factor: OUCH and that's with my double cushion stadium seat.
    Over All Fun Factor Rating: Plus 10+++

Sexy naked fish..... Pole Dancing and working the local Bars....
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 07-28-2013, 05:05 PM.

Interesting post, read the whole thing. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

It's all about the journey...

Make your own path.... and the rewards are your own.
      Last edited by rob-kayak; 07-28-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Great bait for those strippers
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
          Great bait for those strippers
          That must be a Dundalk thing...

Down on the bay they only take silver dollars.....

Comment

Great post. I enjoyed reading it.
            Ed
            Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Working...
            X