Mallows 7/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallows 7/27

Fished Mallows Bay from 0700-1440 as part of the tournament. Couldn't pick up the big one I needed to win but managed 9-10 bass up to 16 inches. Worked the ships on the north shore of the bay almost exclusively at least partly because of the wind. Spent most of the day pitching texas rigged senkos into the slop (grass algae mix) that had blown up against the side of the ships probing the weed free gaps that occur under the sloped hulls. I did have one better fish (bass /snakehead ) shake free that probably could have helped my total. Also tried throwing a horny toad around off and on and caught a few smaller fish. Saw a huge snakehead, made the 31 incher I caught earlier this year look like a baby, and a couple smaller ones cruising around but couldn't buy any love. Nice day on the water.

Nice job, I couldn't catch a cold there yesterday. I gave up on the ships after fighting the wind.

Comment

Good job chimo!

I am with hokie, I struck out. I had a snakehead at the yak and lost him before I got him in.
      WS ATAK

Comment

Late to post but I did manage 1 snakeheadimage.jpg2nd 1i have caught first that made it home
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
        X