Mattawoman 225 Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 225 Bridge

Launched from the bridge on 225 around 315 this afternoon after I finished tiling my kitchen. Gotta get the honey do list done before fishing, lol. The tide was going out at a pretty quick pace. I met a fellow snaggedline member, Chimo after he finished with Mallows Bay. It was nice meeting you. The fishing was pretty slow, the only fish I caught was a 18.5" LMB and a small catfish. The storm clouds rolled in quick but seemed to avoid where I was at and than out of no where it started down pouring so I trekked back up to the bridge and hung out until the rain stopped. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Jeff B
    Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

I launched from the Mattingly Ave ramp Saturday morning. Ran into Badassbass as he trolled. I headed up past the sunken barges and spooked lots of snakeheads in the shallows. I missed a couple of fish on a buzzbait. Eventually landed one 14 incher on the buzzer and a 16 incher on a beetle spin. Too many has boats and not many fish being caught. Hi tide was around 10:30 and I left around 11:30. I forgot my cooler at home so I had nothing to drink.
    Last edited by DanMarino; 07-28-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Nice meeting you as well. I stuck it out through the rain and found a few spots the bass were stacked up in. A couple of the channels leading out of the backwater areas were draining water and swarming bass. Couldn't catch them consistently but went through flurries of action where it was bite after bite. Lost/missed more than I caught but still landed 10+ largemouth and a small snakehead. Caught most of them on top with a horny toad and stuck a few more including the snakehead on a weightless hollow body minnow.

Comment

Working...
      X