I got School(ied) on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got School(ied) on the Severn

Was on the water at 6:30 to catch the end of an incoming tide. The water was really high and full of sticks and crap. I'm guessing the wind has been pushing water upriver. I marked a ton of fish and bait, but all I had to show from my two hours of paddling was a feisty 10" schoolie and a bloody finger. After i got him to the boat he promptly spiked me with his fin.

I'm not sure if the poor fishing was due to the poor water conditions or the abundance of bait. Better luck next time.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Sorry to hear the slow report. At Least you were out there. Thanks again for checking with me to go out this morning. Guess I didn't miss much this morning.

In the next couple of months, we will get our revenge.
    Ivory Mirage Outback
    Blue Mirage Sport

Comment

Two weeks ago was much better. Again, I think it was mostly water conditions. There were some really nice marks on the FF.

I'm all about getting into them this fall!
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I was out on the Severn too. Lots of fish showing up on the FF. Only two bites, but no hook ups. Went to my favorite perch hang out and caught quite a few.

Very slow day. Slowest day I have had out there.
        Laura (aka zeebyrd)
        Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
          I was out on the Severn too. Lots of fish showing up on the FF. Only two bites, but no hook ups. Went to my favorite perch hang out and caught quite a few.

Very slow day. Slowest day I have had out there.
          Yeah, it was pretty weird. I was really expecting to be constantly releasing fish. I had a few days like that last year about this time. No keepers, but 30-40 schoolies in an afternoon. I've got company coming into town this week so I was trying to figure out the pattern ahead of time. Guess we'll just have to start from scratch.

At least the WP cooperated for you. That should only get better through August.
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Same here. Launched at Jonas Green a little after 7. Fished a long day until about 2. No rockfish. During slack tide entertained myself with white perch in Weems Creek. Incoming wind, outgoing tide, and boat traffic made it a bit challenging at the 450 bridge in the afternoon.

Comment

I fished at several spots in the river (these represented Round Bay, mid-river, and lower river) yesterday from my center console. The only fish I got in the river was a 17" rockfish near Greenbury Pt -- caught on a trolled 3" paddletail minnow. I did catch a few schoolie rockfish in the main bay, but quickly realized the waves were larger than I liked for a 16 ft boat, so I left them biting.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If fishing was easy and great all the time it would lose its lure!

Mark
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                X