Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Crips beat the Bloods in the turf wars today in St. Mary's county - July 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crips beat the Bloods in the turf wars today in St. Mary's county - July 25th

I took off work to find some reds in St. Mary's county but it was filled with blues.

I launched around 1:30. It was very windy, 10-15mph winds blowing against the tide. Despite the wind it was a beautiful day. The temperature was nice compared to last weekend.

Connected with countless baby blues (damn things were killing my plastics all day, luckily I had a cast master with me), caught 7 croaker using shrimp two were decent size, 4 small striper on gulp, cow nose ray on a redfish magic, and 1 small speck on a white 3 in gulp. First speck of the season for me.

Most of the fish were caught in 4-6 feet of water. The blues (and birds) were feeding on pods of bait fish just off the drop in 10-15 feet of water.

Hopefully, the reds will return in numbers before year end. I might try again Saturday afternoon.
    <MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

I love fishing breaking bluefish!
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I remember the first blue I caught was a little snapper about 12 inches, went to lip him and had a big chunk of my finger chomped almost to the bone. Don't underestimate them crips lol
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Working...
      X