CCAMD Red Trout Catch and Release Tournament September 7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
    Did I miss something somewhere along the line?
    This event is not just a kayak tournament. It has a kayak division similar to the CCA event in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
      Anybody looking to stay overnight? I'm looking to save a round trip of gas and 45 minutes each way by staying over in Crisfield, possibly. I'm only looking to stay Saturday night. Cpt. Tyler's only has one room left with double beds for $80+tax. Sleeping bags on the floor are fine with me too if more want in to split the cost.
      I forgot about Jane's Island somehow... porbably going to get a campsite instead of a room.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        I hope it wasnt a detterent for the tournament also. There are plenty of places to launch in the area. I put together this map so everyone can see various launch spots. These are all public facilities that provide access to the various rivers and creeks around the area. Trout and reds can be found from any launch. The Saxis, VA launch is a little further south obviously, but provides access to the Pocomoke Sound.

Deale Island 1 - Wynonaa, MD Launch. Provides access to the Manokin and Little Deale Island.

Deale Island # 2 - Provides access to the Manokin River.

Rumbley, MD launch - Provides access to the Manoking River to the north and the Big Annemessex to the south.

Crisfield, MD #1 - Provides access to the Big Annemessex river.

Crisifeld # 2 - Janes Island launch.

Crisifield, # 3 - Somers Cover marina launch, Easy access to Janes Island and main stem of the bay.

Crisifeld # 4 Jenkins Creek - Access to the main stem of the bay and possibly pocomoke sound (about a 5 mile paddle)

Saxis, VA - Pocomoke Sound

The majority of these launches are within approx 10-15 minutes of the "weigh-in" location. The Deale Island launches and the Saxis, VA launch are slightly further, but great fisheries. Worth checking out and will probably have less pressure from tournament participants. Per rules of the tournament, you are able to launch anywhere, so long as you are back in line by the required time.
        This is GREAT info. Thanks for taking the time to post!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
          So we get the rulers Friday night? Sat AM? I'm unclear on the starting procedures.
          You'll be able to get them at check in, the hotel, Shore Tackle or from Michael (Redfish12) at the event.

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
            You'll be able to get them at check in, the hotel, Shore Tackle or from Michael (Redfish12) at the event.
            If you have a Hawg trough, that is considered a legal measuring device as well. I spoke with the tournament directors and got them approved yesterday.

That being said I will be fishing the tournament as well. Can't beat a two day event for $40!!! Also, for a great cause and even though it's targeting different species it will get you ready for the BIG CBKA event the next weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              If you have a Hawg trough, that is considered a legal measuring device as well. I spoke with the tournament directors and got them approved yesterday.

That being said I will be fishing the tournament as well. Can't beat a two day event for $40!!! Also, for a great cause and even though it's targeting different species it will get you ready for the BIG CBKA event the next weekend!!
              Matt, does this mean you are in for the M&G also?

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Matt, does this mean you are in for the M&G also?
                Probably not, don't think I'm gonna fish that area for the tournament, since you can fish all md/va waters, get away from the crowd

Comment

Cool. Sounds good. We still might end up running into you, because the M&G will be at the restaurant where the weigh in is located. However, I did read that it is an option to email your pictures in by 3:00PM if you cannot make the weigh-in in person.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Cool. Sounds good. We still might end up running into you, because the M&G will be at the restaurant where the weigh in is located. However, I did read that it is an option to email your pictures in by 3:00PM if you cannot make the weigh-in in person.
                    Yeah I will be emailing my pictures

Comment

Knock on wood, the weather for this weekend is looking great. Cooler temps are moving in, which should increase the bite. There are some specks around. I caught four on Sunday with the largest going 23. I don't know about you all but I am getting pumped for a two day fish-a-thon.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Sorry I cannot make this one. I hope all of you take plenty of pictures!

Comment

So for clarification.... We do or don't need the 'official' CCA ruler to measure fish against?

I really don't want to have to drive all the way to Crisfield before the tournament to get a sticker ruler only to turn around and drive back to where I plan to launch if the ruler I already have will be accepted.
                          Brian

Comment

weather seems decent for sat
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                              So for clarification.... We do or don't need the 'official' CCA ruler to measure fish against?

I really don't want to have to drive all the way to Crisfield before the tournament to get a sticker ruler only to turn around and drive back to where I plan to launch if the ruler I already have will be accepted.
                              What type of ruler do you have? I have the neon hawg trough and that was approved.

Comment

per the rules:

"IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE A “CCA
                                CATCH A POACHER” RULER. THEY WILL BE
                                AVAILABLE AT CAPTAIN TYLER‟S MOTEL,
                                CAPTAIN TYLER‟S CRAB HOUSE, AND SHORE
                                TACKLE AND CUSTOM RODS. IF YOU ARE
                                UNABLE TO OBTAIN A CCA RULER, THEN WE
                                WILL ACCEPT ANY GRADUATED MEASURING
                                DEVICE. EXAMPLE: ST
                                ANLEY TAPE MEASURER"

http://www.ccamd.org/wp-content/uplo...ment-rules.pdf

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X