Topwater on the Mattawoman 07/21 and 07/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whenican View Post
    Congrats on your sh catch. They are exciting to land. A few yrs ago there was a rabid beaver incident @ Loch Raven Reservoir. The beaver attacked and bit an illegal swimmer. It was killed by another person in this group.
    Thanks! I hope to never cross paths with a rabid beaver. The ones I have seen so far have been territorial, but have been content to just try and make me jump when I'm not looking with the tail slaps.
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
      Awesome going bro and a big congrats!! They are one of the most exciting fish to have on the other end of the line!

As far as cooking, I would obviously recommend Masgouf Style.... but then again I may be a little biased! Full disclosure, the one I caught unfortunately had to be filleted because the weather didn't look like it will hold up in order to Masgouf it out back. Whichever way you cook it, you won't be disappointed. It is one of the tastiest fish out there.

Again, a big congrats bro. I pray for many more your way!
      Thank you! Im going with the other recipe tonight. With Masgouf, can I cheat and do it on the grill with high flame and propping it up? I don't have a cinderblock setup like you guys, but I can add smoke with wood pellets too if the smoke is a key element.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
        Thank you! Im going with the other recipe tonight. With Masgouf, can I cheat and do it on the grill with high flame and propping it up? I don't have a cinderblock setup like you guys, but I can add smoke with wood pellets too if the smoke is a key element.
        Unless you get the flame high enough so that it's "kissing" the fish, it won't work well. You could put the fish in a "basket" with the flesh out and place it on the grill with low heat. Then turn it over to cook the other side at high heat to finish it off...Bagdhad 2011 043.jpg Or someway to keep the fish together when you put it on the grill face down and keep it from sticking
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Here was the finished product... I'm definitely going to try this method of grilling on other fish. The lemongrass flavor permeated the meat nicely!

2013-07-26T14-37-18_0.jpg

2013-07-26T14-37-18_1.jpg

2013-07-26T14-37-18_5.jpg

Comment

Very nice bro!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

looks tasty...did you fry it?
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                looks tasty...did you fry it?
                Just coated it in salt, stuffed and grilled it on medium heat. The crispy look is the salt. My wife initially refused to eat it, but once she tried a bite, she got over the fact that it had "Snake" in the name.

Comment

Working...
                X