Self Rescue Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Rescue Trials

My nephew was able to finally get his new kayak a jackson cuda 12 on friday so we went and got it wet in rock creek before the storms hit. Since we new storms were coming and it was hot as hell we left the rods home and just went for a paddle which made it a perfect time to practice some self rescue. This lead me to 2 findings one my young fit 22 year old nephew makes it look easy and 2 I put on a couple pounds since I did this last. I can still get back on though it took a couple tries at 320lbs pushing on the kayak with out putting a hand all the way across it will just flip it quick but I managed and its nice to know I can still do it if need be. The things I learned are that I will need to come up with a better way with cold water gear on to help me out I dont think I will be able to push my self up as well with waders and a dry top on and that if you dont sinch your pfd down it will ride up to your head. I reccomend that if you have'nt practiced in a while that you should do so because it seems the last time I did it it was much easier and its not something you wanna find out you cant do when you really need it. My buddy was there with his pro angler and I was amazed at how easy they are to enter from the back. I checked out some web sites and found a step using a pvc pipe Im goin to make one and test it out and see how it works.
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement
Working...
X