Severn River 7/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River 7/5

I had a couple of hours that I could fish this morning so I hit Jonas Green about 6 and fished until a little after 8. All I caught was croakers with most of them over 10 inches. Since I hadn't planned to fish long, nor was I taking any home, I only took fishbites with me and only worked one rod. They were hitting pretty regularly everywhere between the 450 bridge and the Rt 50 bridge. Pound for pound, a croaker is one of the best fighting fish for its size.

Stay away from depths over 20 feet as the oxygen is pretty thin at this time of year.

Sorry, no pics, I don't have a camera.

I met a few fellow board members but the only name I remember is Russ. He was easy to remember as he has a Torqeedo and I am planning to get one.

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Sounds like you had a good couple hours!

I've never had much luck with croaker, but I got into some puppy drum last year. Can't imagine how hard the big guys pull!
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post

I met a few fellow board members but the only name I remember is Russ. He was easy to remember as he has a Torqeedo and I am planning to get one.

John
      that would be DaddyG (mike), Surfdog (John), Mediyaker (Tom) and russ498 (Russ). Good to meet you and hope to fish with you soon.

Comment

Has anyone tried to crab from Jonas Green? I am looking for a place to try crabbing in the south of Baltimore.
        Silverhair
        Big Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Comment

So Russ did u bring your trailer to Jonas Green?
          2015 Outback
          2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

you also met me(dhawk, Don) and my friend Chris we were launching when you were leaving . We fished over then oyster beds east of 450 caught a bunch of croaker and white perch the bite kind of slacked off around 12:30 for us so we paddled up to Weems creek to check it out.
            D Hawk
            Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
            Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
              So Russ did u bring your trailer to Jonas Green?
              I did and they politely and graciously asked that I not do it again. They did say it is ok to launch there and then park at the war memorial up the road.

Comment

It would be nice if someone told the bicycle riders the same thing. I noticed they were all parking in the lower lot and then going to ride the B&A trail.

John
                John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
                X