Wilson Bridge 6-30-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Bridge 6-30-13

Hit the potomac this morning for some guaranteed pullage. I launched from Jones Point and fished the incoming. Using chicken breast, I caught a ton of blue cats. My biggest matched my personal best, at 23". I kept 5 for my neighbor ranging from 18-22". He's from the deep south and LOVES catfish. He was SUPER excited when I knocked on his door with the cooler.

I caught over 20 blue cats. I then moved to explore other areas under the bridge. I caught a couple of big channel cats on the same bait. THEN, while drifting, I caught an 11" perch on chicken breast. WTF? To see if there were any other big perch, I grabbed my light action rod and dropped some bloodworm. Small perch, small rockfish. Then I hooked into a channel cat that put up a good fight on the light action rod.

It was a fun weekend of pullage for me!
    <insert witty comment here>

Nice pullage.

+1 Perch on chicken?!?!....yeah, WTF too....lol...
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I caught a 12" rockfish on chicken at the WW bridge a few months ago
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

LOL on the chicken breast and perch
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Wow, they have rock under the WW bridge..... I go over that bridge everyday but have never fished that water from my Yak, could you guys give me some tips on where to launch from. I also heard the current is really strong under the bridge, do you guys anchor or just drift? Any tip would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Went there friday afternoon with the intention of launching the yak but arrived at the same time the storms hit so my nephew and i just fished off the shore under the bridge he caught 5 cats the biggest being 23 inches and i caught nothing there was a guy there throwing a inline spinner and I saw him catch 2 or 3 small stripers. My nephew caught the cats on chicken breast I had one hit that took about 50 yards of drag before wrapping me around something and breaking me off I dont know what it was but it felt heavy and broke the end off my rod but the rod had been run over earlier this year and must have been damaged.
              ryan cat.jpg
              Last edited by dhawk; 07-01-2013, 10:52 AM.
              D Hawk
              Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
              Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                I caught a 12" rockfish on chicken at the WW bridge a few months ago
                That was a fun day Jeremy . Looking to fish it again soon . Chicken works well for all kinds of different fish and the marinated chicken smelled so good I wanted to eat it myself.
                2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                Rob

Comment

sounds awesome. Ive yet to hook a cat over 7" this season

Comment

Working...
                  X