Potomac x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac x2

I had the chance to out twice this weekend and spend some time on the Potomac. On Saturday I fished out of Aqualand by the 301 bridge with Bob (Capt C-Hawk) and my cousin Jack. While things were slower than Bob's last trip out there we still had a blast and caught a ton of fish! We were looking for rockfish and redfish, but we weren't picky and had a lot of fun catching catfish! We caught blues, channels, and bullhead catfish, rockfish, white perch, spot, and REDFISH! Well I didn't catch any, but my cousin did. I gave him the only redfish magic I had and that payed off! However, after this trip we are going to take Bob's lead and call them catfish magic! I brought a 24" rockfish caught on a live spot, a 19" rock caught on a cut perch strip, and his 18.25" redfish home for dinner.

On Sunday I went out to Pohick Bay bay with AbuMasgouf and our very own CATFISSSHHHH JIMMAAAY. The water was heavily stained and the morning showers made things interesting but we found a few fish. I caught 4 bass largest going 19" and missed a few snakeheads with one bite off.

Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Nice fish. They are good sized with a lot of variety.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

It was good to fish with you bro! Hopefully the next time won't be months apart! LOL
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice fish!

Those redfish magics are definitely effective. Stick a gulp on 'em, and it's dinner time.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Good work! Looks like a good weekend with a lot of variety of fish.
          Shane
          Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
          X