Black Hills Mo Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hills Mo Co

The bass are hitting jigs like crazy. I fished Friday p.m, associates fished Wedneday night and I hit it again today from 5-10 a.m. I used black/blue with a big Craw trailer and didn't get hit, switched to green w smaller craw trailer and things changed. here are a few pics also made my videos. I tried all sorts of plastics w no luck.GOPR0132.jpgGOPR0133.jpgGOPR0156.jpgGOPR0158.jpgGOPR0165.jpg
    Jackson - BIG TUNA

WHOA! That's a Nice Fish! Great Job Wayne!
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Not familiar with that place. Is it also called Little Seneca Lake in Black Hills Regional Park? If so, where is the best spot to launch a kayak?
      Thanks,
      Bruce

Comment

Nice fish. My friend invited me to fish there with him on Sat morning, but I elected to stay closer to home instead. Good job on the bass.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice largemouths! Those big ones are just tanks!
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by lordofthemanor View Post
            Not familiar with that place. Is it also called Little Seneca Lake in Black Hills Regional Park? If so, where is the best spot to launch a kayak?
            Yes, the name of the lake is "Little Seneca Lake" in "Black Hill Regional Park".

http://www.montgomeryparks.org/facil...rks/blackhill/

You can launch a kayak at the park boat ramp and there is also a pull off on the south end of the Route 121 bridge where you can put in. A $ 5.00 daily permit is required to boat there (a season pass costs $ 75.00 but at a certain point of the season they reduce that to half price).
            Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Which launch area would put me closer to the fish at this time of year?
              Bruce

Comment

Thanks,
                Bruce
                sorry I didn't reply...out all day, but Dave answered your question. either launch has fishable water. the summer pattern is deep water however. deep water is readily accessible as the shore line of this lake gets deep fast
                Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

What types of structure were you fishing? Banks, submerged trees, or old foundations?
                  Hurricane Skimmer 128
                  WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Which launch area would put me closer to the fish at this time of year?
                    Bruce
                    That's a tricky question as that is a very deep reservoir. Lots of water deeper than 35 feet (below the thermocline when it forms). I've seen 65 feet on my fish finder in one place. You can be 30 feet off the bank in 30 feet of water in many places.

You could have equal success at either launch but if I had to pick probably the bridge launch (that gives you two directions to go).

note: there is a drop box at the bridge where you can pickup the daily permit
                    Last edited by Turtle135; 07-01-2013, 01:24 PM. Reason: adding note
                    Dave

Comment

+1 on the bridge. Definitely bridge launch.
                      Hurricane Skimmer 128
                      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

If you use the Bridge launch mind you there is about a 75 yard hill you have to go up and down.
                        Obviously down is no problem. I always use my cart. But it is better with a little sandy beach
                        at the bottom, as compared to getting on and off a corrugated concrete ramp on the other side of the lake.
                        Just came back... four bass and five crappies. Very pleasant day with the gentle
                        falling rain and nice cool temperatures.

Comment

Working...
                        X