Suggestions Or Reviews On Insulated Fishing Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions Or Reviews On Insulated Fishing Bags

I usually fish the bay 8+ hrs out on my Ocean Kayak Torque & I've been looking for a insulated fishing bag primary for keeping fish in. Anyone have any suggestions or reviews, I Would like to store the bag on the bow of my kayak.

Thanks

I like these ......... well built and will hold ice for 24 hrs @ 100 degrees. I have the 48 pack and it will hold all the fish you'll catch. Also ...... the foam insulation is so thick that I don't think it will sink very easily if it went over with some fish in it.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/

Comment

I have been eyeballing this one in order to keep larger fish in:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Precision-...atch3/14037762
      2013 WS Ride 135
      2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Trader Joes insulated cooler bag. Under $10.

Comment

I have the precision pac linked above. Fits an ocean kayak perfectly and is out of the way up over the front hatch. Only downfall to having a cooler up on the deck is you will snag it at the end of your retrieve at times if you are not paying attention. I had a buddy snag an xrap into his while we were fishing a few miles offshore in Florida. He refused to let me help and flipped trying to get it out. Luckily he had everything leashed down and his unit was not damaged.

Comment

Costco canvas Insulated shopping bag- $7.99- Use it all the time-
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Jackson kayak makes an insulated fish cooler bag that is long and narrow and would fit perfectly in the rod pod center hatch area (if your OC has one)
              John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
              Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Late getting back to post, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm leaning more towards precision pak and polar bear coolers.

Comment

I used my precision pac this past weekend with a 20lb bag of ice (totally excessive) from 6am to 12 pm and when I landed on the beach at spsp it was bone dry. Ended up giving someone on the beach the whole bag. It gets the job done.

Comment

I liked the precision too. But I liked the Polar because in addition to the conatruction and enough insulaation to almost make ice, ...... it fits the space behind the seat on the Pro Angler great, they had a 50% off sale in Dec and they threw in sewing a monogrammed name.

The Precision would be a good choice too especially for a paddle yak because of the shape and tie down options as well as the liner.

Comment

+1 Costco insulated cooler bags. Been using them for over 2 years. With an ice pack, the large bag kept my fish (flounder, stripers, togs, sheepies, croakers, redfish) cool during my 10-12 hours on the water.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Norchill insulated coolers bags are the one you are looking for. I myself use these best bags and so I like to suggest it. These are the best and largely sold bags because of its finest in design of soft cooler and its construction. It consist of a 100% A grade polyethylene external skin with a non staining, non odor absorbing, impact resistant food grade internal liner. It preserves the kept food for long period, even for couple of days. It is made available in different size and is easy to port anywhere as are light in weight.
                        I would also like to share its link with you which will be helpful to you to choose the best.
                        http://www.norchillcoolers.com/
                        Norchill coolers also deal in soft sided coolers and Cool Bags.

Comment

Mmmmmm ....... Lets see ........ A person joins today and only posts on a 4 month old thread ......... Sorry but it looks like a spammer

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                            +1 Costco insulated cooler bags. Been using them for over 2 years. With an ice pack, the large bag kept my fish (flounder, stripers, togs, sheepies, croakers, redfish) cool during my 10-12 hours on the water.
                            +1 I use a Harris Teeter insulated cooler bag. Same thing with an ice pack a couple of little frozen water bottles.

Outback 2015
                            Maui

Comment

Working...
                            X