New Xmas Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xmas Stuff

So, what new kayak fishing stuff did everyone get for Christmas? Any new stuff, kayaks, rods, reels, fishfinders ???

Short list so far. 2 lip grippers and 2 zip lock dry pouches for the droid and ipod. The good stuff is yet to come when I get to Bass Pro with the $125.00 in gift cards. Can't believe I'm even thinking about a new rod, but I have this almost new Revo I got from Michael and it looks naked just sitting there. I have the luxury of being retired. so no problem bringing new stuff into the house. (just so she never opens the door to "my room")

Comment

Standard Horizon Hx850s Handheld radio w/GPS, soft sided ice chest, $25 Bass Pro gift card, tub of 6" gulp Sandworm (my secret weapon), dual socket charger for the truck ..... tough running GPS, radar detector and phone charger the same time with 2 sockets ........ 24 packs of gulp .......

not fishing but the best/warmest pair of dress gloves I've ever had ...... Saks ..... leather ..... cashmere lined ....... like giving pearls to pigs but I really like them .........

Comment

Hey, got a $50 BPS card myself. Looks like the next M&G will be a real hit. I just hope there is enough tackle left for all of us.

Comment

My girlfriend gave me a please don't die radio (her term for a VHF) and some assorted tackle from cabelas that should be great for trolling in the spring (swivels, trolling rudders, and some other odds and ends).

C-Hawk- I've got an all-star sitting here that I had it on that is now also naked... I was considering the mojo inshore for it, you might check those out!

Hope everyone had a great time and Happy New Year! See you on the 8th!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

$100 to spend at BPS on the 8th. Happy New Year

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              My girlfriend gave me a please don't die radio (her term for a VHF) and some assorted tackle from cabelas that should be great for trolling in the spring (swivels, trolling rudders, and some other odds and ends).

C-Hawk- I've got an all-star sitting here that I had it on that is now also naked... I was considering the mojo inshore for it, you might check those out!

Hope everyone had a great time and Happy New Year! See you on the 8th!
              Huh ......... must be some radio if she's afraid it will die ....... must have been a great deal .......

Comment

Inshore fisherman just came out with the 2011 fishing products guide.Good reference guide for comparing what to get for the spring.Eye candy

Comment

I also recieved a "Don't Die" radio, just an inexpensive cobra hh125, an extrasport xpert flex dry top, and a garmin etrex venture hc portable gps. i figure all of these fall under the "dont die" category. Im ordering my avet SX MC and a st. croix mojo bass rod for LTJ this week with giftcards to all tackle and BPS. Im getting really really ancy about spring already. If it ever warms up a tad im going to check out fishing brandon shores powerplant and see what thats all about. hopefully its fishable and can keep me from shooting six holes in my freezer.
                  Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

the way i worded that it sounds like im putting the avet on the mojo. sorry. avet is going on a light trolling rod and the mojo is getting paired with a lowpro baitcaster.
                    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Originally posted by mdmakaira410 View Post
                      I also recieved a "Don't Die" radio, just an inexpensive cobra hh125, an extrasport xpert flex dry top, and a garmin etrex venture hc portable gps. i figure all of these fall under the "dont die" category. Im ordering my avet SX MC and a st. croix mojo bass rod for LTJ this week with giftcards to all tackle and BPS. Im getting really really ancy about spring already. If it ever warms up a tad im going to check out fishing brandon shores powerplant and see what thats all about. hopefully its fishable and can keep me from shooting six holes in my freezer.
                      Supposed to be warmer for the rest of the winter according to a couple of sources .........

Comment

I got some sweet waders from cabelas, along with a pair of flush mount rod holders and another trolling rod. I actually returned some tight fitting neoprene waders for some breathable ones but the family got quite a kick out of me fashioning the snug neoprene ones. I also got a fish preparation/recipe book from williams sonoma which is really nice. It's great that we all got some nice new gear, anxious to get out there and try them out.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

That's OK, those "don't die" radios also translate into fish location radios while fishing with others or during meet and greets. It was the one thing that I noticed during the meet and greet, communication could help more folks catch fish. We may want to look into that.

It is good that the forum prep for spring is ever steady and looking forward to spring fish. I had such a good summer fishing and crabbing, I think that makes the winter withdraw even worse. Need to get working on those fishing rods soon. That will help take the edge off.

Good to hear everyone had a good holiday. The quest for fish goes on.

Comment

I didn't get (nor ask for) any gear or BPS gift cards this year. My wife got me a Playstation 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Die Hard 4 movie blu ray set...

Parents gave me cash that can be used for kayak/fishing accessories
                            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I got a fast-action Carrot Stix spinning rod that was on sale at Tacklewarehouse.com, a Yo-Zuri mag darter, a big Rapala skitterpop, a pint of Gulp grubs, a rotary fly tying vise, and a pair of neoprene flats shoes to wear with my dry suit. I can't wait to try out my new toys. Maybe things will thaw out a bit this week, but the 5" of snow we got here this weekend won't help matters.
                              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
                              X