No announcement yet.

My First Speckled Trouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I plan on doing same thing, didn't know specks spawn this time of year.

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
    Nice job, you have a lot of future dinners from that outing! I had a similar experience last week, several of the specks I took home were full of roe. I like to eat fish, but I plan to catch and release for a while to give them a chance to spawn.

Comment

Looks like you got your money's worth for coming from WV.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

When I worked in the restaurants, we used to serve our shad roe just like we did calves liver and the customers loved it. Basically, you would cut raw bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry them in a pan. Remove the bacon from the pan...dredge the whole roe in season flour and brown in the bacon fat. Deglaze with some red wine, add the cooked bacon and a handful of roughly diced peppers and onions and a cup or so of brown sauce (beef gravy) and simmer for awhile. Pour the whole dish over toasted french bread.

Great catch!!
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Awesome going bro! Your table looks like a picture from a fish market! LOL

By the way don't know how you like your bluefish, but it is phenomenal Masgouf style (roasted on an open fire). It's become one of my favorite fish because of cooking it that way.

Hoppers island is a very nice place. I should try to go back sometime this year.
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

what tackle did you use ? thanks

Comment

Working...
            X