No announcement yet.

Susquehanna River -- Lapidum Launch 6/3/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a few T-man tube and worm rigs in red. I have been doing some research and found they are the favorites. Even though they seem inexpensive to make, I really did not feel like searching for the materials. I will probably tip them with live or fake blood worms...maybe even a paddle tail plastic worm.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by toyomo View Post
      Hey nice legs lol jk nice report, glad to see theres still keeper stripers around. Interesting about livelining perch, depending on who I ask they say spot is the ticket and perch not so good and others like this report and a few others say perch works well for striper bait. In regards to tube and worm I may pick up some gulp alive sandworms as I seen a few youtube vids of ppl using them. I haven't seen a tackle shop carrying real sandworms...I wonder if someone whos used this method can chime in whether other worms (blood,artificial etc) work equally well.
      Perch work on the susky because it is too fresh for spot that far up the bay. Further down the bay Spot are striper candy!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That makes sense about the perch working in the susky...its mostly my saltwater buddies who question livelining perch as opposed to spot or bunker I guess that clarifies it for me.
        2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
          Just ordered a few T-man tube and worm rigs in red. I have been doing some research and found they are the favorites. Even though they seem inexpensive to make, I really did not feel like searching for the materials. I will probably tip them with live or fake blood worms...maybe even a paddle tail plastic worm.
          Just happened to be in basspro today and saw this and remembered this thread. $2.99 for this pack and seems like a swivel, wire leader, and hook is all you need to complete one. The premade one was about 2 or 3.99 each from same brand.

tubes.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by toyomo; 06-06-2013, 11:25 PM.
          2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Snuck out of work a little early today and trolled some crankbaits around lapidum. I caught about ten smallies. All were around 6" except for this one. As I got it near the yak, a 20-25# striper tried to eat it.

smb2.jpg
            Native Slayer 12
            Native Ultimate

Comment

Nice smallie! Maybe it's worth a shot targeting rockfish at Lapidum? From what I learned this year on the forum and read elsewhere, the rockfish at the dam are mostly resident fish...they are there all year. The rockfish at the flats in fall/spring are on a feeding frenzy before the spawn. I wonder if the recent rockfish at Lapidum was a resident of the dam or confused and lost? Any ideas

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
              Snuck out of work a little early today and trolled some crankbaits around lapidum. I caught about ten smallies. All were around 6" except for this one. As I got it near the yak, a 20-25# striper tried to eat it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8140[/ATTACH]
              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I hit my old favorite striper popper hole a little ways below the dam this morning. Only got one little one.
                Native Slayer 12
                Native Ultimate

Comment

toyomo, you are right. that is all that is needed. when I lost one of the rigs on a ray the other weekend I was saddened since I knew they can be made cheaper. Good find at Bass Pro shop! Getting ready for their hunting expo to start August 2nd.
                  New to kayak fishing
                  Wilderness Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                  X