Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello !!! Wanted to get aquainted.. totally stoked to meet this group !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello !!! Wanted to get aquainted.. totally stoked to meet this group !!

Hello !!! Wanted to get aquainted.. totally stoked to meet this group !!

I'm Rob... lived at Ocean City area for many years... surf fisherman and water person (a surfer big time).
    I'm an old fart now... too much arthritis to do much surfin' any more... but love the water.

I've moved back to Montgomery County to take care of personal business...

Bought a 10' Perception Pescadora last year to go on the ocean and surf the waves with yak and do some fishin'
    But now I'm back in Mont Co. full time...

Soooo..... I'm gettin' my water time fishing and exploring the waters here and now the Chesapeake...
    Fresh water is ok... but I gotta get me salt water across the bow to feel like home !!!!!

I put out at Carr's last week and I'm heading out tomorrow (some where else)...
    and pretty much any time... any where it's salty.

I'm looking to go from any where from any where a days or little more drive...

I did a bunch of reading on this website earlier today and I'm totally stoked by all of your adventures.
    It gives me much encouragement to go for it !!!!!

I don't have any pictures of my yak right now (as I have added much gear to it since last year)
    But below I posted my bicycle "assault vehicle" attachment when I live a couple of blocks from the ocean...
    and the yak with the classic homemade PVC transport.
    The bicycle towable rack will I am sure prove useful on some long treks to portage some where back here.

Stoked to find this website !!!!!

Rob

OK... EDITED... to include the current rigging...
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 05-28-2013, 05:43 PM. Reason: OK... EDITED... to include the current rigging...

welcome looks like you got a good set up like the bike rig
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Yes... the bike rig works great... the supports for the bike rack are custom with plumbing fittings to super structure
      the torque off the back. The weight down is actually minimal with balancing the yak for transport on the PVC carrier.

If you notice.... the bike rack is different, in that the rack is a quick release type.
      The point being... the main secure point is the bicycle seat tube.
      Stronger than a typical bicycle rear rack with "stays" off the frame.

And thusly I made the "white" down tubes to the plumbing fittings to a stronger
      mount off the frame. Anyway..... bomb proof...

Roll the yak out from the back of the house... attach to the bike... and on the beach
      in 15 minutes...

Just had to make sure it was a long light crossing Ocean Highway in OC....
      And then I could just forgo the trip to the beach and put in on the bay behind the house with a short walk with the cart..

But that was then... and now I'm lookin' to fishin' on the bay and surfin' tanker's waves on the yak.. to get back to port.

R.

Comment

yeah most places here you can take off the car and put in the water but i have a couple of ponds where a set up like that might come in handy
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Welcome bro! nice bike setup!
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I guess one could say you're ready to roll....
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Welcome aboard. Nice setup for toting it around.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Welcome! Nice yak and cart and all. I am in the process of making a scupper hole cart out of pvc. Its more than halfway done. I just keep forgetting to work on it. Oh, but I sure do remember it when I need it and I am unloading the yak from my truck and have to lug it somewhere!
                Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Welcome!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X