Speckled Trout - Norfolk Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speckled Trout - Norfolk Tournament

Anyone headed to this tournament Jan 15? Virginia in-land waterway.

http://www.icwspeckledtroutshootout....0/Default.aspx

I e-mailed the director, said they were expecting several kayakers.

This is interesting. I'm not usually fishing in January!

Are you suggesting a January M&G here?!??

Comment

Yes, I was going to propose it for a M&G, location looks like a good place for winter kayak fishing as long as there isn't any rain/snow. Water wouldn't be very rough on the inland waterway even if there was some wind. I would like to put together a fishing tournament for us this spring/summer. Thought I should attend one to see how they work. Below is e-mail from director.

Bryan:
      We have not received any entries yet, but expect to get quite a few between Christmas and New Years. We are expecting a great KAYAK turnout. I spoke at the TKAA Meeting last month and they were excited about the tournament, especially since it's all artificial baits. They are expecting a large turnout from their club.

I am hopeful you make it and do well, it's an INCREDIBLE FISHERY!!

Let me know if you need anything or have any further questions.

Many Thanks,
      Lucian Montagna
      ICW Speckled Trout Tournament Director

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this one, but I haven't decided yet. I wish I lived closer to that area.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Check this Out

Looks interesting, this was posted yesterday

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...t-Blake-Hayden

Comment

Wow. That is a huge spec. Was this in the Norfolk area? I miss spec fishing.

Comment

I looked up the Captain, he fishes out of Millville VA, which is just south of Norfolk on the "hot ditch"

Comment

I know its a trout tournament, but look at those reds. That is why I would be fishing in that area. It is ashame that the reds don't come alittle farther up the bay. I am going to have to do that Outer Banks thing this upcomming year. I am going to have to get that out of my system, or start a new addiction.

Comment

Working...
                X