Chainbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainbridge

Parked at lock 5 ,water is higher and a bit muddier than usual,tried a spinnerbait by lock 5 caught a 12" sm bass ,walked down to the concrete platform fished toward the bridge, finally caught stripers, 2@ 12"on small curly tail jigs( tried for bigger ones with large swim shads no luck)caught 2 medium wh perch,4 large shad, and about 6 herring.I heard my dog yelping, I thought he was in trouble but he jumped in and grabbed a herring that's a first.Tons of herring and shad swimming around.I didn't see snakeheads surfacing like last time but did see people netting them on the Virginia side ( off the cliffs,big ones)I did see someone catch about a 20+lb catfish,also saw someone trying to knock fish out with a big rock.Snakehead is becoming the fish to catch/eat everyone is armed with big nets.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I saw guys standing on the rocks on the VA side just under and below the bridge. They worked in pairs: one guy had a long gig to spear them and the other guy had a large net to help land the gigged fish. Looked like a big snakehead could have pulled them into the water...and of course they weren't wearing life jackets....

Comment

Working...
    X