No announcement yet.

17 year cicada invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I also heard that in Poland they keep carp in the bathtub for 2 weeks before eating them... to get the mud out.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Did you read that from the last story about old world relatives.

Comment

@one more cast... You have a misconception of Ukraine, especially Kyiv (their capitol). Kyiv is like NYC or DC. It makes Baltimore seem small. They have McDonalds (hated to see that part of American culture become an invasive species there: but at least they serve beer in their McD's).
        Carp is a holiday fish... As is pike. An like I said, had you not told me what it was I never would have guessed it was carp. It's no yellow perch or trout, but whatever my mother in law and grandmother in law did to it would go over easy here. I can say I've had bluefish and other fish that was pretty poor compared to this.
        I guess in a way it's a lot like catfish: species, water quality and diet make a big difference.

Comment

I would not call anything my Great Country gives to another invasive. And your taste in fish is the same as your views. I was referring to our common carp.Not your beloved Ukrainian Mc carp sand which. Maybe you should stay over there and lighten up have a few Mc beers.

Comment

Not trying to be rude... Sorry if I came across as such but your comment about Ukraine was kind of off base. Carp are not invasive in Europe, they are a native species. And I'm a natural born citizen so lets get the its "our" country a fair play.
            Yes, fish is a individual taste. I know some people that don't even like trout. So go figure. It just kills me when some people turn their nose up at a fish without giving it a try first.
            Like I said, your comment made it sound like Ukraine is some hick country when the truth is that there are cities there that make even Baltimore seem minor. I don't like to be rude... But sometimes people post first and then get upset when they are called on their comments. If I offended you, sorry. I love America: I have been thru three wars for her so far; I would never leave her for another country; but I also can keep an open mind about other countries and cultures.

Comment

Hey I'm thinking I'm not ever going to have a Mc carp sandwich or a Mc beer.Enjoy

Comment

I think that both of you ought to lighten up and go fishing!
                Carp are a decent game fish.
                Didn't World War I start this way? lol.

Comment

I'm actually in the process of smoking a batch of trout from a fishing trip Thursday. We should have a section on the board for recipes. I worked up a wicked method of dry brine and smoking trout and salmon when I was stationed in Alaska. Their stocked lakes are 10 fish per person/per day and with family and friends I would regularly bring home +50 fish a day and have to figure out what to do with them.
                  The dry brine pulls out a huge amount of moisture, starting the curing process before they even hit the smoker (they come out of the brine already starting to desiccate). Then the smoking makes them shelf stable. I put them in Ziploc bags and store in the fridge for months. We had salmon "feathers" mailed to us in Afghanistan. They survived the week or two, unrefrigerated mailing there without spoiling. They never lasted that long in our house... too tasty with a good beer.

Comment

I'm with you some people like to make mountains out mole hills and carp in to cuisine.I started this as a way of giving carp a hats off to them.Any way I can't wait until they start acting like peacock bass as it is a blast.

Comment

Working...
                    X