Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A visit to VA memorial weekend

Hello,

My name is Nathan and for you all that don't know yet I am moving from IL to Springfield/Woodbridge/Triangle VA area this July for my job! So this Memorial weekend I am driving out to VA to scope out the area for some possible "apartments" and to do a little fishing while I am there at Leesylvania State Park!

P.S. if anyone knows of great locations on apartments or phone numbers for these areas would be greatly appreciated trying to keep rent cheap under $1200, under $900 be better
    I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

I can do some fishing on Monday. I don't know if you're gonna have a kayak with you or not. If I fish from shore I usually do it at Railroad bridge but there is fishing pier in the park too.

Khanh

Originally posted by NateFishyMan View Post
    Hello,

My name is Nathan and for you all that don't know yet I am moving from IL to Springfield/Woodbridge/Triangle VA area this July for my job! So this Memorial weekend I am driving out to VA to scope out the area for some possible "apartments" and to do a little fishing while I am there at Leesylvania State Park!

P.S. if anyone knows of great locations on apartments or phone numbers for these areas would be greatly appreciated trying to keep rent cheap under $1200, under $900 be better

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
      I can do some fishing on Monday. I don't know if you're gonna have a kayak with you or not. If I fish from shore I usually do it at Railroad bridge but there is fishing pier in the park too.

Khanh
      No I do not have a Kayak yet, not until I move to VA will I buy one and im affraid I won't be able to fish Monday cause that will be the day im driving back to IL But Sunday I will be fishing at the pier or the bottom half of Leesylvania State Park near railroad!

Comment

Hi , I was looking to meet up with someone Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by themigs View Post
          Hi , I was looking to meet up with someone Saturday morning.
          Where you trying to fish at Saturday morning so I kinda have an idea of a location, also I do not have a Kayak so I would be shore fishing!
          Any chance you want to fish Sunday?

Comment

Hey Dude , I was hoping to hit fletchers boat house. We can rent a canoe or row boat. I've never been and would like to check it out.

http://www.fletcherscove.com/

Let me know what you think, I can't wifes going to be home ALL day so Saturday is my only escape. We could do early or late i'm free pretty much all day.

Comment

Originally posted by themigs View Post
              Hey Dude , I was hoping to hit fletchers boat house. We can rent a canoe or row boat. I've never been and would like to check it out.

http://www.fletcherscove.com/

Let me know what you think, I can't wifes going to be home ALL day so Saturday is my only escape. We could do early or late i'm free pretty much all day.

I really wish I could Sat. but I have scheduled tours of apartments on Fri/ Sat, so Sunday is really only my free day to do fishing but if my plans change I wouldn't mind giving you a call?

Comment

Since your coming into town I would like to give you some insight....on where to live. I moved to VA back in the mid 90's and ended up in Woodbridge. It seemed like a decent place and the rent was affordable, but on my first night....my truck got broken into and after the first week I realized I was in the modern version of a ghetto. Mind you...I grew up in the inner city, so I'm familiar with all this and wanted to come home and relax...not get stressed by neighbors. My suggestion for you depending on where you work would be to check out places in burke, centreville, stafford. You may even want to consider renting a room at a house for several reasons.....most rent out their basements so you have full living quarters and it's private and if you do get a yak...you can easily store it without fear of theft. I ended up moving to Occoquon, which isn't that far from the first place, but a heck of a lot different.

Comment

Totally agree with you. I would also checkout the Fairfax or Prince William County crime reports to see whats going on. I check it on a weekly basis so I get a good feeling of whats going on around my area.

Comment

you may also seriously consider traffic here....it's bad. look into opportunities that provide you a reverse commute from the primary directions. For instance....I worked at Quantico, so living north of there was good because everyone else was heading north in the morning while I went south. Basically....all traffic goes towards DC in the morning and opposite in the afternoon. Anything you can do to go in the other direction will give you a longer life! lol

Comment

Working...
                    X