No announcement yet.

Chsp 5/10/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grady and I will have to roll with you guys sometime soon since you seem to bring the good luck...
    I agree, Togs are great tasting fish. My wife loves them. Unfortunately, I did not have time to get any togs this year.

Comment

WTG guys!

Fish, I told you tog were awesome. Was I right or was I right?
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

samwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

It was a blast like always out there... I was gonna catch a keeper, but I knew that I wouldn't have time to clean them before I left to go out of town so I let you guys have em! LOL Fish really got into a groove out there, I told him he did leaps and bounds better than I did on my 1st Tog trip! LOL I wish the Flounder bite would have cooperated, but you can't have it all! LOL

I had a real nasty scrape on my big toe right below my cuticle... it was nasty. If you decide to launch going down the trail make sure you wear shoes or look out for the rocks. I decided to hoof it barefoot on the way back. BIG MISTAKE.

Comment

NICE! As I was fishing in Occoquan that day, I was wishing the Atlantic wasn't so far of a drive. I SO want to get on some tog-catchin from the yak; it doesn't even have to be a keeper. One day.

Comment

You guys are hooked!! Nice work on the togs!
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Way to go guys. I'll have to catch up with you guys next tog season. They are awesome to catch and eat.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Hey Mytmouse,

I suggest you guys launch on the other side of the tackle shop where I did. It's all soft sand over there and the distance going over sand is MUCH shorter. No rocks in the sand either. It will make for an easier access to the water.

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                  It was a blast like always out there... I was gonna catch a keeper, but I knew that I wouldn't have time to clean them before I left to go out of town so I let you guys have em! LOL Fish really got into a groove out there, I told him he did leaps and bounds better than I did on my 1st Tog trip! LOL I wish the Flounder bite would have cooperated, but you can't have it all! LOL

I had a real nasty scrape on my big toe right below my cuticle... it was nasty. If you decide to launch going down the trail make sure you wear shoes or look out for the rocks. I decided to hoof it barefoot on the way back. BIG MISTAKE.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Will do Dson!! My toe is just now starting to heal up. Thank goodness it doesn't look like it got infected!! WHEW!! LOL

Comment

DSon thanks for that launch tip. The route we take is brutal on wheels.

Comment

The launch is better, not as shallow. But yes, there are rocks on this west side path. There are two or three exposed rocks. One of them is pointed. Watch for them. The path is also narrower. If you're not careful, your upright poles can catch the tree branches. Don't ask me how I know.
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                          DSon thanks for that launch tip. The route we take is brutal on wheels.
                          The sand is a lot softer behind the bait shop so the regular kayak carts that you guys use might still make it hard to get through the sand, but I just suggested it cause it is just a straight pull to the water and nothing really to stub your toes on.
                          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                            The launch is better, not as shallow. But yes, there are rocks on this west side path. There are two or three exposed rocks. One of them is pointed. Watch for them. The path is also narrower. If you're not careful, your upright poles can catch the tree branches. Don't ask me how I know.
                            LOL yeah man...that happened to me as well. I now know to lay them down.
                            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Shadyfisher went ham on that tree branch, has not been bad since.
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                                Shadyfisher went ham on that tree branch, has not been bad since.
                                YW
                                Ryan
                                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                                X