Upper Potomac & Shenandoah River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Potomac & Shenandoah River

Potomac & Shenandoah River Levels came up fast overnight, on my way home this morning drove along the Shenandoah River & found most roads were closed off due to high river water levels.

Yeah thats crazy! on NOAA it said its about 15ft.
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

that all empties into the bay...going to have an effect-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Wonder how much of a effect its going have on the smallies on Upper Potomac.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
          Wonder how much of a effect its going have on the smallies on Upper Potomac.
          The fish can ride these high water events out but if a male bass had a bed full of eggs he was guarding it will be a total loss on the eggs.
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Very fast...

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...ew=1,1,1,1,1,1

Comment

Stopped by Point Of Rocks on my way to work and took some pics, half of the boat trailer parking was under water and people were literally fishing on the parking area. Must of been billions of worms crawling out of the water & up the street. I went back this morning when I got off work, levels came down a little. Grabbed me about 100 huge crawlers for this weekend fishing with couple coworkers & seen a couple of dead catfish stranded on the street. If anyone needs worms plenty were left crawling around, get them before the birds eat them all up. Will post pictures later tonight when I have time.

Comment

The people love the fish the rising water for cat fish. They don't do as well other times
                Last edited by archeryrob; 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM.
                "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                X