X factor cooler/crate rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X factor cooler/crate rig

ybuild 001.jpgafter many attemps finally have a setup I like took it out tested it and confirmed everythings where I need it for now.[/ATTACH]ybuild 002.jpg[/ATTACH]ybuild 004.jpgybuild 001.jpgI anchored the cooler with aluminum rod an eyes with cotter pins I also have a crate that fits th rods when I want to travel light. the pvc was my first attemp at rod holder but I didnt like it rods were in the way when I was trying to use the back hatch now I can access it and also have a place for my hog trough
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Nice rig. I have used a 3-tube rod holder bolted on the front of an Igloo cooler for nearly 20 years on various power boats. It is great way to add rod storage while still being portable.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I like the rigging. GYU1979 does a similiar thing with a milk crate. The rods make it easy to attach and detach.

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Sweet! I just got a cooler that I got for my yak and want to do the same, I think I might just borrow your design!

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
          I like the rigging. GYU1979 does a similiar thing with a milk crate. The rods make it easy to attach and detach.
          Yeah got the rod idea from him at the march M&G but a cooler works better for me over a crate though I also have a crate that fits the same setup for when I want to travel light
          D Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
            Sweet! I just got a cooler that I got for my yak and want to do the same, I think I might just borrow your design!
            i tried a couple of set ups with pvc first and like this one better every thing is secure the only addition I might make is to put a latch on the cooler in case i turtle it will stay shut but we will see
            D Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X