5/5 Woodrow Wilson Bridge catfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/5 Woodrow Wilson Bridge catfish

Launched from Jones Point Park, floating dock. Went out for the first time this season and floated the Hobie for the first time since I bought it. It was a little awkward at first getting a feel for the pedals and the rudder didn't go up and down on it's own when I pulled the up/down lines so I had to manually adjust it. Once I got a feel for it and really got up to speed I really liked it. Since it was my first day out I wanted an easy catch so I targeted blue catfish near the bridge structure. I used the smelliest rotten chicken livers I could find and parked up against the bridge structure without anchoring, just held onto the structure with one arm and held my rod in the other. The sweet spot was a drop off from around 38 feet to 23 feet. Every time I hit that drop off, instant bites. After bagging 6 of them, I had one on the line that nearly pulled my rod out of my hand, then while reeling it up it bent/disfigured the swivel and took the hook right off the swivel, swimming away to be caught another day.

IMG_0415.jpg
    Last edited by frettr00; 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Nice, glad to hear they're still there. and welcome to the dark side!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
      Nice, glad to hear they're still there. and welcome to the dark side!
      Thanks. When I was full speed on the pedals it felt like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
      X