New to Bay fishing- advice sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Bay fishing- advice sought

Hi guys my name is Ken. I live in northern va and new to kayak fishing. I have a tarpon 120 but finding it awfully tough to fish with it and thinking of selling to get a hobie for hands free fishing. Do u think they are worth the money? Also what type of gear should I be using under the bay bridge, other parts of the chesapeake? Swimmers or buck tails, jigs etc even considering live bait. I'm also looking to meld with a group of fishermen for safety and comraderie. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ken W

Hey Ken, Welcome! Good bunch here and lots of info throughout the site. Check out the meet and greet schedule and related threads.

You won't find any arguments here about a Hobie for bay fishing! Watch for a used one to go up for sale or wait until late in the season when local dealerships sell their demo boats.

Lots of guys work the Bay Bridge pilings with BKD's, bucktails and the like. Check out the resources page on the CBKA website for a how to video!

Comment

How do I get involved with a group that goes out and fishes?

Where is a good place to purchase lures?

Comment

Hey wxman, have you gotten out to the bay yet to fish? I too live in Northern VA and its my first season kayak fishing. I've been wanting to hit the bay bridge. I recently went pier fishing and caught a couple stripers , after that I've gotten the itch to take the kayak out.

Comment

The Migs... I sent you a private message. Ken W

Comment

Working...
          X