Thoughts on a new depthfinder gps combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a new depthfinder gps combo

Just trying to get a couple opinions/thoughts on fishfinders gps combo units.
    I got some water under the screen of my current fish finder; still works but not that well and is starting to short out more frequently. So I am in the market for a new one.
    I wanted to keep it humminbird so I wouldn't have to drill new holes in my kayak and do not want to spend an arm and a leg. I was leaning towards the 365i combo.
    Does anyone have this model/used this model, or any experience with it?
    Any better recommendations without draining the bank account.

A Humminbird 385C would be a good choice. It is probably the less expensive of the Humminbird line up for chart and sounder, about $399, not on sale. I use the older version, the 383C, and it does a good job. The 385 has a slot for an additional chip if you need more detail of an area. That is a good unit for a kayak.

I have been looking at the 3D, side view models, but that puts the price tag up around a thousand dollars.

Comment

I know we spoke of online prices. If you do find a good price online, West Marine will price match. Alot of folks do that and then come into the store. Get a SKU number or item number and bring it into the store. WM will go to the web site compare it and match it, without question. That is their policy. I do that for people all the time. If you have a West Marine near you and find a good price on the internet, you won't have to pay shipping. In most cases even if the store does not have the item in stock, they can have it in a few days, with no shipping. So that might also save you a few additional dollars.

Comment

Perfect. I will probably do that sometime over the weekend.

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

FisherKid:

I may have spoken too fast on the price matching on Humminbird. There are a few things like Humminbird, Mercury outboards and a few others that prices are set by the manufacturer. That is why in most all stores you will see the 385 at $399. Sorry, I found this out while trying to get you a good price on a unit. So if you find a deal online, grab it. Again, sorry.

Dogfish

Comment

Working...
          X