Non-Kayak Fishing trips Cambridge, Md Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Kayak Fishing trips Cambridge, Md Area

Was visiting family in Cambridge, MD yesterday decided to go do some fishing at my favorite pond, Wrights millpond. Very underrated fishing spot with healthy big fish & best topwater lure action freshwater area I have ever fished. Caught my personal best Crappie, Largemouth, & Chain Pickerel at this pond. As well as catching the biggest snapping turtle that felt like I was reeling in a mack truck & came on shore hissing & snapping like something out of hell. Fished for about 3 hours.

I noticed frogs & water snakes swimming, so decided to try out the topwater lures. Worked the shore edges & timber out in the pond, with no luck. Decided to try out some new plastic lures I bought on sale at Gander Mountain in the sales section. My best action came on 4" Z-Man CrawdadZ Green Pumpkin/Orange Claws. Ended up catching four Largemouths biggest one being 13" & nine Chain Pickerel biggest one being 19.5". Turned Out to be a great trip in all & while packing up, a bald eagle swooped down 25 feet from me and snatched a water snake from water.

Decided to try out Striper & Drum fishing, headed out Hoopers Island yesterday evening with my cousin. We fished off the wave breaker rock piles. Ended up catching my personal best 32" striper on bloodworms & my first American eel short of 2ft! My cousin caught his first black drum on clams. Plenty of striper action throughout the night until 9pm & lost plenty of good sized ones on the rocks. All released healthy to be caught another day. Was some of the best fishing I've had in a while, cant wait for Opening Season. Will upload stripers, black drum, & wrecking terminal American eel pictures as soon as I can.
    Attached Files

Chunky 12 inch bass!

Comment

Nice fat little bass... looks like he's been eating better than the Pickerel
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Yep, nice looking bass... even nicer looking is that crayfish. Dang if that thing doesn't look real.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

That's a great variety of fish. It sure sounds like a fun fishing day.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

It was one of the funnest fishing days I've had in a while.
            Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            That's a great variety of fish. It sure sounds like a fun fishing day.

Comment

Working...
            X