Susky report 4-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susky report 4-10

Today I decided to opt for the slightly longer drive and fish the Susky.
    To keep a long story short, I caught an absolutely obscene number of fish!
    From my second cast, until I quit at 12:30, I did not go 10 casts without a hit or a hook up.
    All Hickory Shad, some pretty good sized females mixed in, a couple of double headers.
    As good as any day I have had there.
    The river was on fire.
    I fished between the Rock Run Mill and Deer Creek, never moved from the spot I started in.
    I saw other fish being caught downstream from me.
    Several kayakers were working around the Rock Run Islands, hope you guys caught a bunch!

Today's rig was a 1/8 oz. Green Dart and a trailing gold #12 Tony Spoon. Probably 75 % of the fish hit the spoon.

My shoulder aches!

Awesome! Im going sat morning on flats! Its gonna be right on the money as long as not tons of wind. Water temps are great
    2014 Hobie Dune Outback
    2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
    Rob

Comment

You are the shad master. Nicely done. When I made a brief stop at Deer Creek on Mon, one of the other guys told me he had caught most of his fish that day on a small gold spoon. I have not yet seen a dogwood tree in bloom, but the shad don't seem to be paying attention to that indicator this year.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

This was much like what you experienced on Monday down at Lapidum.
        After 2 1/2 hours I was worn out from catching fish.
        That doesn't happen that often, so I "forced" myself to stay.

Dogwoods, Bradford Pears, Apple trees, who knows?
        When they're gonna, they're gonna!

Why do they bite?
        You swim for a couple of thousand miles thru icy water, run the gauntlet of predators, seals, big fish, herons, and finally when you are about to have sex, which only happens once per year, something irritating flashes in your face. You don't have any hands to swat it away. So, what are you going to do?
        Last edited by bignose; 04-10-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

As I was unhooking a double header of shad on Mon, one of them released a load of milt onto the rocks (or in the words of the infamous Greaseman -- "he shpeckeled"). How frustrating to travel all those miles and come up with a mis-placed release. Survival of the fittest can also be determined by chance.

004.jpg
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
          X