CBKA Tournament Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New prize news...

CCA MD is offering a $500 prize for the largest fish caught, photo'd and released by a registered CCA member. No matter the species. No matter what State you're registered as a CCA member.

To be eligible, you need to be a CCA member (any State in the U.S.) or join CCA by Friday, 9/13/13 by 11:59 P.M. Membership is $25. Here's the link:

http://www.ccamembership.org/

If you're already a CCA member you're good to go. Be sure to bring your CCA card!

Comment

What are we up to in registered kayakers?

Comment

Signed up the other day, and I'm ready to repeat my perch title!
        Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
          What are we up to in registered kayakers?
          We are at 72 breaking last years' mark by 3! Appreciate everyone's support!!

If anyone is still on the fence make your decision soon. Entry fee usually goes up 2 weeks before the event!

Comment

I'm in and looking forward to it very much.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Question here about the fishing area. Since I have yet to get out on the Bay with my yak, do I need Bay experience before attempting yak fishing near Kent Island? How are the currents in that area? I am completely unfamiliar with it.

I have seen invites from people here fishing that area, but its always during the week when I am working. Otherwise I would have gone.
              Laura (aka zeebyrd)
              Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Laura,

I launched at Goodhand's Creek Landing a couple of weeks ago with some others from this list. That area is very sheltered and was quite calm.

I also launched at Kent Narrows a week or so thereafter. That area was more exposed to the wind and had significant current.

Here is a list of landings in Queen Anne's County that you may find useful: http://www.shoreupdate.com/2012/06/b...blic-landings/

Kent Island offers exposure to various kinds water and I'm sure you can find your comfort level.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
                  Question here about the fishing area. Since I have yet to get out on the Bay with my yak, do I need Bay experience before attempting yak fishing near Kent Island? How are the currents in that area? I am completely unfamiliar with it.

I have seen invites from people here fishing that area, but its always during the week when I am working. Otherwise I would have gone.
                  Plenty of sheltered launches and fishing locations. First year we had a shotgun start from the Camp, which put everyone in the main bay. So last year we revised that and allowed all Public launches on Kent Island. Shipping creek launch is another good option and one that I have been to personally. Also I know the 1st Place crab came from this location..

Look for divisions and list of prizes soon.

Comment

Mark and Matt,

Thank you for the info on launch areas. I am definitely going to make my way over there. I am eager to do some fishing in the Bay.
                    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I'm new to Snaggedline, I've registered for the CBKA tournament, looking forward to meeting other kayakers. Question - what do most kayakers do for breakfast Saturday morning? I've signed up to be in a cabin, is there electric to plug in a coffee pot?
                      Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

I'm registered however I am unable to attend because I have recently been promoted to CPO (E7) and the ceremony is on the 13th. I've got family coming in town that weekend. Can someone that lives in Southern MD, I live in indian head, grab my capt. bag for me? I can pick it up after that weekend. PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!
                        Jeff B
                        Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Originally posted by beerums View Post
                          I'm registered however I am unable to attend because I have recently been promoted to CPO (E7) and the ceremony is on the 13th. I've got family coming in town that weekend. Can someone that lives in Southern MD, I live in indian head, grab my capt. bag for me? I can pick it up after that weekend. PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!
                          Don't worry, Jeff. We'll put it aside for you if you don't find anyone and you can collect it from us later.

Comment

Update

We are 3 weeks away at 79 registrations. We are over 100% growth from just 2 years ago!! Thanks to everyone for your interest and support.

For the Captain's meeting at Camp Wright, Friday the 13th (hmmm...) @ 7pm we have a new sponsor that will be supplying farmed, sweet, Chesapeake Bay oysters! Our own Matt Baden will be shucking. We will have various dipping sauces and will, of course, return the shells to the Chesapeake. Bring your appetite!

Most of you probably know that the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) is offering an additional prize at our event of $500 for the largest fish caught, photo'd and released by a CCA member. If you didn't, now you know!

If you're interested to support fisheries conservation, sign up! To be eligible for this added prize you need to be a CCA member from any State in the U.S. or join CCA by Friday, 9/13/13 at 11:59 P.M. Membership is $25. Here's the link: http://www.ccamembership.org/

If you're already a CCA member you are good to go. Just bring your CCA card.

3rd time is the charm. Tell your friends. Forward this email. Text 'em. Call 'em. Entry fees will be going up in a week or so. Can we break 100 entries?!?! Gonna be close...

Comment

Past years, Coffee & Pastries were provided in the dining hall Saturday morning. No electric in the cabins.

Originally posted by FishingGeek View Post
                              I'm new to Snaggedline, I've registered for the CBKA tournament, looking forward to meeting other kayakers. Question - what do most kayakers do for breakfast Saturday morning? I've signed up to be in a cabin, is there electric to plug in a coffee pot?

Comment

Question for one of the CBKA organizers: I know the captains meeting isn't mandatory, so is it possible to pick up the needed supplies (token, fish measurer, etc.) sometime early saturday morning? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X