ChainBridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChainBridge

Forget trying to find parking on the Maryland side there is a construction fence that only leaves a couple parking spaces available.So I went up to the next lock up, and hiked down to the fast water up from the bridge.You could see alot of shad in the water,but I came to fish for Bass ,Snakehead or cats on lures.Last year around this time there were alot of big bass,snakehead and cats hitting on lures.This time I managed to hook up a nice fat largemouth 19" on A StrikeKing KVD jerkbait suspending, and a shad by accident.Someone there told me he saw a snakehead but could not get it to bite.Anyway I did not see any other predators like last year but it can only get better.No I didn't see any perch or stripers around but will probably be there by next week.

I saw the construction fencing at CB during my last 2 trips to Fletchers. I think I counted about 7-8 slots that aren't fenced off, and a few of those are designated handicapped. I'm guessing you walked to the concrete platform??? That's the area where the gizzard shad can stack up bigtime by the 10s of 1000s. They can get so thick there that I snag one every cast, and generally have to give up fishing for anything else and leave.

Last spring lots of snakeheads were caught above CB to Center Rock. But truth be told, nearly all of them were intentionally snagged. I fish a lot there during late April and well into May using 4" soft plastics and have yet to catch a single snakehead there. Thing is, I can see them bobbing to the surface all the time, they just won't bite.

BTW, I too park at the next lot up from CB, have been for the past few years.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
    X