Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoPro? Waterproof camera?...suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching NFL foot ball and drink Gatorade didn't make me a football player.

Watching NFL foot ball and drink Gatorade didn't make me a football player.

Once my cameras are wet and covered with slime of fish, and I started carrying several small pieces of rags to clean the lens due to fish slime, rain and snow, and also when worrying about if the camera might crack by expansion of the ice foamed between parts on the camera, I was happy that I was no longer an arm-chair kayak-fisherman. From that point on I started seeing real and armchair fishermen on the internet. I started appreciating kayakers who spoke/wrote straight from their experiences, no bragging, no showing up, and no making up out of something he read on the internet.

I forgot to mentioned this. I started Kayak-fishing video after seeing Rob's video of fly-fishing on a flats boat with his boss

I was so impressed that I had to start taking kayak-fishing videos. I soon realized that it wasn't easy. In the beginning I could use only 5-10% of videos I had taken. The following video (uncut and unedited) was taken on a good catching day. Just think you turned on the camera 40 times when you expected catching a fish. You need more batteries

Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Not sure if those were shots at me or not, but I'm not really arguing against your points or opinions, I respect them all, and they're all valid. I'm hands free as well, so I am aware of the benefits gained by not having a paddle in hand.
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I have a Hero2 GoPro with a chest strap and plan to use a different mount (directly to the yak) this season. I also have a VIO POV camera mounted on the bow to catch the "Hero Shot". My only problem is that I haven't had many (any) hero shots of me catching fish. I like both of them and the GoPro has more toys, bells and whistles or attachments than any other on the market. The GoPRo does tend to have a short battery life and that's even with the extended battery. The VIO POV uses AA batteries and can be restocked on the water in the remote. Both use a Memory Card so thats not an issue... Good luck with whatever you decide.
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
        X