Does anyone know who sells used kayaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRewis View Post
    Not to many on craigslist right now i was wondering if anyone knows who has them used?
    Check with local kayak shops. They sometimes have used kayaks from folks that do not want to deal with Craigslist or the newspaper, etc. or they have demo yaks that they want to sell.

Checkout:
    Backyard Boats
    Survival Products
    Delaware Paddle Sports

I am not sure if Chris Dollar's store sells used kayaks, but you should give his store a call.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Originally posted by MRewis View Post
      Not to many on craigslist right now i was wondering if anyone knows who has them used?
      In general, good deals comes to them that wait. If you're willing to wait a bit, wait till September or October. That is when craigslist seems to have more sellers with less buyers. Spring time, there are lots of buys and sellers. Summer, it seems like the worst time to snag a good deal.

Best Regards,
      Stan
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Stan,

That's a good advice. Going tomorrow to GunPowder Falls to check out the Ultimate offerings. I'll report back on what I see (since I haven't found any threads on here where people have actually bought a used yak from Ultimate). If things don't work out, I'll put my boat needs on hold and wait to see what Oct/Nov brings.

smithmal
        smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
        Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

Check with Delaware Paddle Sports in Lewes. They always have used kayaks for sale. http://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I contacted all the local kayak vendors and there doesn't seem to be any that fit the bill at the moment.

I did go over to Gunpowder Fall State Park and spoke with a Ultimate Sports rep and looked over their boats. They basically had entry level Ocean Kayaks (Scramblers (solo and tandem) and Drifter) which are nice to paddle around from at a State park, but I don't see them being good for my needs.

I had a good hit for a Native Ultimate 14.5 tandem (which can be used solo if desired) but it fell through.

Looks like unless something falls out of the sky, I'll be looking for decent bargains at the end of the season.

smithmal
            smithmal

Comment

check Delaware Paddlesports Tax free and they are one of our sponsors on this site.
              Call them and see what they have 302 645 7300
              Red Hobie outback
              Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Lots of used fishing yaks at Bel Haven Paddlesports (south NJ) if anyone is interested....

http://www.belhavenpaddlesports.com/...k.php#useddemo
                smithmal

Comment

Working...
                X