Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know who sells used kayaks?

I know someone who has a "Trophy Beach 126 sit inside kayak". He is over in the panhandle of WV and I think he is looking for $ 250.00

Also, you can check the listings in the KBF Bassifieds section here:

http://www.kayakbassfishing.com/kbfB...forum.php?f=66
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

I looked at Ultimate Water Sports before I bought mine, but it was cheaper to by a new Ascend from Bass Pro
    Ascend FS-12
    2002 Trophy Walk Around "GETHOOKED"

Check with Starrkmoon kayaks. he usually has some that were traded in.
    2012 FeelFree Moken Angler 12
    http://www.youtube.com/80grady

My yaks were both born at Appamattox River Company. They are a good outfit. I highly recommend them and they have a "used" section on their website.

bump on an old thread.....

I called Ultimate Sports and they indicated they boats are replaced on a 3 year cycle. They will be listing their used boats on 7/15 on their website. You basically put down a $250 deposit on which boat model you want. If you want a particular boat model provide them with the serial number and you'll get that exact boat.

Boats are then paid for in full and released after labor day.

Has anyone bought and/or taken a look at the used yaks the Ultimate has? Are they pretty banged up? How much below MSRP do the used boats typically go for (i.e. 25/50/75%)?

Thinking of taking a trip over their this weekend but would not bother if the deals and/or boats are not worth the drive/investment.

Thanks,

smithmal

Quote Originally Posted by MRewis View Post
    Not to many on craigslist right now i was wondering if anyone knows who has them used?
    Check with local kayak shops. They sometimes have used kayaks from folks that do not want to deal with Craigslist or the newspaper, etc. or they have demo yaks that they want to sell.

Checkout:
    Backyard Boats
    Survival Products
    Delaware Paddle Sports

I am not sure if Chris Dollar's store sells used kayaks, but you should give his store a call.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MRewis View Post
    Not to many on craigslist right now i was wondering if anyone knows who has them used?
    In general, good deals comes to them that wait. If you're willing to wait a bit, wait till September or October. That is when craigslist seems to have more sellers with less buyers. Spring time, there are lots of buys and sellers. Summer, it seems like the worst time to snag a good deal.

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Stan,

That's a good advice. Going tomorrow to GunPowder Falls to check out the Ultimate offerings. I'll report back on what I see (since I haven't found any threads on here where people have actually bought a used yak from Ultimate). If things don't work out, I'll put my boat needs on hold and wait to see what Oct/Nov brings.

smithmal

Check with Delaware Paddle Sports in Lewes. They always have used kayaks for sale. http://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yachts transom mount
    Minn Kota 45 Riptide
    Gama Electronics RF340-80A-SC wireless controller
    Re-Lion 75Ah Lithium Iron Deep Cycle

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I contacted all the local kayak vendors and there doesn't seem to be any that fit the bill at the moment.

I did go over to Gunpowder Fall State Park and spoke with a Ultimate Sports rep and looked over their boats. They basically had entry level Ocean Kayaks (Scramblers (solo and tandem) and Drifter) which are nice to paddle around from at a State park, but I don't see them being good for my needs.

I had a good hit for a Native Ultimate 14.5 tandem (which can be used solo if desired) but it fell through.

Looks like unless something falls out of the sky, I'll be looking for decent bargains at the end of the season.

smithmal